Facebook? we haz you !

Coss

I detest facebook.

Me too. Not sure where that comes from -- because it is useful. I think I know too many people who exert way too much energy constructing what I would call a false persona. Being very careful to post cool books (they've never read), music (they don't really know), pictures (that they agonize over to find the most flattering) -- but it's fucking fake.

But if everybody is fake, then is it real?

:)

I've never used Facebook before, but it seems you put up all your personal information and embarrassing photos from the office party etc for complete strangers to look at and possibly use against you at a later date.

Was up wit dat? :dunno:

That's as stupid as stupid can be. Around the world employers start to check Facebook pages of job applicants. It's not only simple matters like drinking, but private life style choices/opinions are being checked, like changing girlfriends frequently, only being interested in holidays, which people you are connected with (wealthy, poor, gay, rednecks, Muslim, whatever).

There are already companies which do this professionally.

It seems that credit ratings are being done the base on Facebook data already...

Archived