Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person on this board ...

gobbledonk

Hi,

First of all, thanks for the detailed post. Let me address each of your points in order.

"1. I think this board is too strictly modified in regards to girls / recommendations / sexual conquests etc."

This has been one of the core rules of this board from the very beginning, and one I will not discard. Frankly I do not care what other boards allow, but I will not allow posting of personal information, of any person.

I am quite certain all those people (or at least most) posting such info as you mention do so without the girl's knowledge. Some girls will not mind, others will be mortified / pissed once they find out. So, I will err on the side of caution.

"2. As others have mentioned, too much flaming and negativity towards new members/posters."

No argument from me on this one.

"3. Again, just my opinion, but a large number of mongers now favour Pattaya instead of Bangkok - especially the British market - and this board is definitely Bangkok-centric. How many Pattaya sections? One only."

Don't really see this as a problem. The majority of the forums are generic Thailand (i.e. Food doesn't mean Bangkok-only Food).

"4. It could do with some more interesting and fresh sections."

"Have You Seen This Girl / Where is she Working Now?"

See my comment to point 1.

"The Steam Room - No Holds Barred, Anything can be said here"

Brought this up a little while back, majority decided it was not a good idea.

"Alternative Lifestyle - Ladyboys and Swinging"

No problem with such a forum.

"Member's Area Unedited Trip Reports" (where explicit pictures are allowed of people's exploits whilst on holiday)."

While I personally wouldn't have a huge problem with it, such pictures could potentially cause me a lot of legal problems. It is illegal to post nude pictures of people without their consent. All it would take is one girl finding out there are naked pics of her on this board and I could end up in jail. I appreciate the chance is remote, but it just is not worth it to me.

"5. A lot of posts on here are simply banter between old friends."

Yep, agree. This however is something that happens on just about any board. People get to know each other, cliques form, banter starts. I am sure every single poster on this board with more than say 50 posts HAS been guilty of this.

Don't think there is anything that can be done about it, and to be honest, I am not sure if something needs to be done about it.

Sanuk!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

"I thought this board started as a nightlife / info on P4P activities board."

More 'nightlife and general Thailand info'. The emphasis has never been fully on nightlife. Nor would I want to restrict it to that.

"Now it seems like it has turned into a Thai and USA politics board."

Yep, but aren't all of us responsible for that? I mean, if you feel there aren't enough Thai / nightlife topics on here, why not post some and start a discussion going?

I'm sorry, but this point annoys me a bit. You - general you as in the members - can greatly influence the topics talked about here. So, I get annoyed when people whine that there all that is being talked about is ....

Sorry to make this personal, but you have only started 1 topic in the last 3+ months. If you are so concerned about the topics being discussed, why not start a few threads on topics closer to what you feel is what this board needs?

(Just using you as an example because you brought this up. I know you are not the only one 'complaining' about this and certainly not saying you *should* start creating new topics or else ... :) )

"Can't have it both ways."

Exactly :)

Sanuk!

KS I think forums reflect the character of the owner. I also think a lot of boards are heavily manipulated. They have fake posters come on and ask controversial/risky questions like 'Getting AIDS. Does it bother you?' 'Soi 6. Should I pay extra for anal?' 'Pussy hair. Is less better?' That kind of thing. Personally I can't see you going that route.

The board name is now thai360.

And I like that one much better than the old one.

Felt somewhat reluctant to mention the nanaplaza.com to aquaintances.

Doesn`t this relatively new board name also suggest that this board is not merely revolving about the night life?

I for one couldn`t care less about this section.

Reading about other people`s exploits?

I`d much rather watch paint dry.

Not knowing where to go or what to do when it comes to night life?

In Thailand? I can barely constrain myself.

What I miss is travel reports with pictures, like the ones OH used to post.

However crappy his shots were :hmmm:

@ Bust, support me here :grouphug:

And the insightfull and ever entertaining posts from the "cent". And the tales from last century from the "Flash" :up:

But mayby I just haven`t been reading up much on this board lately.

Problem with this board IMHO is that you don`t get much responses, unless you post something controversial/provocative/sexual or (please spare me): political contents, US or otherwise related.

I do realize that those issues are part of thai360.

I just find that they take up too much space.

But that is just me.

If you are so concerned about the topics being discussed, why not start a few threads on topics closer to what you feel is what this board needs?

I think that's the key KS, so many of us (me included) simply don't want to start threads, simply reply.. I know it took me ages to start a thread, and even now more often than not simply reply to existing threads.

Hi,

"so many of us (me included) simply don't want to start threads, simply reply.."

Right, and I do understand. I myself often don't really know what to post. And I have caught myself several times deleting a reply before sending it, for a variety of reasons (not wanting to start an argument, too much personal info, etc).

Sanuk!

The lack of active new members is one reason why the nightlife section is neglected. Most of us have been there, done it, can find our way around the bars with our eyes closed.

Now if someone were to ask questions like "What is the best bar in Nana/Cowboy/Patpong?" or "Are there any bars we should avoid these days? - that might help keep things up to date.

As to sexotic trip reports, I ignore them. I have never been that much of a voyeur. :dunno:

The lack of active new members is one reason why the nightlife section is neglected. Most of us have been there, done it, can find our way around the bars with our eyes closed.

In many cases, that has proved fortunate indeed, particularly when the term 'blind drunk' becomes appropriate :clown:

I didnt have much of a problem with the more hardcore stuff in 'Nightlife' and 'Trip Reports', especially as it was locked away from the general public, but I agree with KS that naming names is a bad idea. If people want to PM one another with that sort of info, fine, but I dont want to see it on the board.

One of the interesting things about the 'old' Nightlife posts was that they really seemed to fire some people up, frequently calling 'bullshit' on certain members. One guy, in particular, reinvented himself several times simply to come back and taunt other board members with lurid tales of his 'Nigelesque' rogering marathons, but I was always surprised when people took the bait.

We also had some wacker pretending to be a 'Good Thai Girl', when he was none of those things (!), and again many took the bait and wanted to argue the toss. My suspicion is that many of us just stopped taking said bait and some of the more 'colorful' entities went elsewhere.

The heavily political threads dont particularly worry me, but I take MooNoi's point that this was initially a board about Thai nightlife, not a blog about Washington wheeler-dealers. The reason that its BKK-centric is that most of the regulars seem to be expats who live in Bangkok - happy to hear otherwise - and I guess our Pattaya correspondents have trouble getting to a keyboard with all that shagging, brawling and drinking.

I know I'm sitting on the fence here, but I think the board can accommodate both the active monger brigade and the retired, politically minded expats, but I kinda agree with Flash that I dont want every post to read 'So I was shagging this one whore in the arse while her little friend licked my nutsack. Those bitches couldnt get enough of my massive crotch rocket'. That stuff is funny occasionally, but it starts to look like the copy for sites like this:

http://asianslum.com/main1.html

Finally, I think KS has done a fantastic job of keeping this site from sliding into the abyss. How many sites, of any persuasion, have been around since NP/T360 arose from the ashes of his first attempt at a message board ?

There is one factor that hasn't been discussed. Recently this hasn't been as true, but there are a some old posters here who are allowed to flame people, not just newbies, with impunity. It's my guess that's why Old Hippie is gone now and it almost led to my departure from the board at one point.

I'm ok with defending my positions, but when people are allowed to blatantly lie about things I have said, putting words into my mouth, and to use other asshole tactics like that, it is just a waste of my time. When I see it happening to others I don't jump in and defend them because I know I'll just be attacked--it's not my role, it's the role of the moderators.

Again, recently I haven't seen this very much, but when I do see 'respected' posters allowed free reign to act like jerks, it really makes the board less attractive to me.

Archived