Dog meat

Boo Radley

Then you would be really disgusted:

Johannesburg, South-Africa, restaurant: The carnivor.

Famous of it's wild life menu:

Lion, Buffalo, Giraffe, Zebra, Elephant and the rest of the meat any stray bullet may hit in the Kruger part like reserves.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boo Radly,

see what you started?:)

Sarasin,

The main dog dish in the PI was called aso kilawin. It was dog marinated in lemin (calamansi) juice with onion, hot pepers and garlic, then consumed without cooking. I believe it was mainly eaten in the northern part of Luzon. I also think the PI Government banned the killing of dogs for consumption a few years back.

What's an Akha picnic? A six-pack and a puppy. smile.gif

I am suddenly reminded of a GREAT Brazilian film, based on a true story, titled, "How Tasty Was My Little Frenchman" (1971).

A travelling companion, a Slovakian workmate, will not eat lamb as in their culture lamb meat smells bad and is therefore dirty and unfit for human consumption. However horse meat is sought after and from time to time he will seek out a nice lovely big slab of neddie to fry up in the frypan - as horse-meat is illegal in Australia for human consumption everyone goes to good quality pet-food suppliers and are sold the prime cuts............hmmmm.....................................

Oh also, Filipinos over here have backyard BBQ's on specail occasions and yes, Fido is on the menu............one told me that if you eat it too regulary or too much then the unique smell of the dog-meat will begin to leech out of your skin and you begin to smell a bit strange.........................

Hi,

I dont want to sound like a smart ass, but...... some time ago I saw a documentaion on TV about dogs and their "intelligence". They compared them with ... cows (actually a german sheppard with an average milk-cow, 'Holsteiner-milk-cow'). And the winners was ... the cow. The main reason why everybody thinks that dogs are more intelligent is because they are "build"(sorry I miss the right expression) to interact with humans, to be pets. Cows are not, they are build to give milk and to be slaughtered and they are simply to big to be a pet. So when intelligence is the borderline, then stop eating cows, start eating dogs ( Do you eat octopus ? They have the intelligence of a five year old child!!!) wink.gif. And yes, I grow up with dogs and I still have one at home, a true member of the familly. smile.gif Sorry for this Off-topic post.

I beg to differ! I will engage in a pussy-eating contest with ANY Dutch you care to throw my way. Although I would prefer it if you threw the PUSSY my way. And it should be Thai pussy, not Dutch.

• 2 weeks later...

The thing about eating anything is, you are what you have eaten...period. Dog meat is really no worse one way or the other than any other meat. Non-meat eaters live far longer than meat eaters, asians who for the most part eat just very little meat of any type, will live a LOT longer than most of the meat eaters. BTW, the grasshoppers are REALLY good for the munchies. laolover

Archived