Nokia E6 / Samsung Galaxy S2

The_Munchmaster

I had a Nokia E72 (only about 6 months old) but when home in Scotland last month I put it on the roof of my hire car and drove off. I found it later but by that time numerous other cars had driven over it. So I bought a cheapo phone to get by and now that I'm back in Dubai I'm looking for something else.

I could get another E72 but as it's been replaced by the E6 I don't feel like getting an "old" model and it has a touch screen as well as a querty keyboard.

Alternatively I'm considering something completely different in the form of the Samsung Galaxy S2 which looks awesome.

Anyone got either of these phones?

Of course I could just save my money and keep the cheapo phone I bought as it does everything I need it to do, i.e., make calls and send texts.

It is the new one from Samsung.

Not sure about price, probably ~2K Dhs here ($500).

My brother had one of the most recent Nokia's and replaced it completely frustrated with an Android phone.

All current Nokia smart phones run on the completely outdated Symbian OS. Its development has been stopped and it will be replaced by Windows 7 at the end of the year or so.

Therefore I think it isn't the best time to buy a Nokia smartphone at the moment.

I got the Galaxy S2 about 5 weeks ago. Fantastic phone.

Battery life suffers if you try to keep all features turned on, especially keeping the brightness up on its massive screen.

Fast as hell, with no lag/skip anywhere! Records in HD and has 8 mp cam.

Volume is a bit low.

Expensive, too. About $750 US. TRUE has it for 18,900 THB, if you go with a 12 month data plan at about 500-650/month.

I tried to buy a 2nd one a couple of days ago, but the TRUE shop at Siam was sold out. The other TRUE shop's computers were down. They said they could take one over to the other shop and sell it there, but, I swear to fucking God, they told me it would take 2 DAYS!

There seems to be different versions of the Samsung Galaxy S II --- see attached re Other Versions.

http://www.expansys.ie/samsung-i9100-galaxy-s-ii-32gb-209115/

Anyone can enlighten me please? Is it a case of different storage ??

One says 16Gb

the middle one says 16GB + 16 GB

and the right hand one says 16GB + 32 GB.

Any comments on the price too.

Wonder would it be wise to try and buy one in England (I'm in Ireland) or Northern Ireland. Anyone with experience of buying one outright in either place.

Thanks.

Archived