Stick....should know better

sinsin2

quote:

I also know from talking to Stickman that some of you succeed into getting girls out of the business. I think it is important to understand how you succeeded and why . Contact me if:

Hi guys

Just read this clearly CONTACT ME IF..

What is all the fuss about? This Marc is only inviting those who are interested to talk. In fact, I did have a few words with him and he invited me for a lunch, despite that my story doesn’t fit in what he is looking for. Seeing the reactions given so far, looks to me that there is a bunch of people around who are worried of getting filmed (recognized) while patronizing the scene or worried that more people visiting the scene, would mean less bargaining. Similar case are with book writers, some of them are serious and some of them are publishing crap. I do not respect any sensation journalism, but who knows this guy maybe serious and provide unbiased reporting rather that showing girls swinging around chrome plated pole.

Just my thoughts,

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pattaya127: >You know that there's no way to explain the feeling of thai female company in a thai environment until it's being experienced personally. It's impossible to be meaningful til' you grasp that aspect of things, IMO. <

I think you hit the nail on the head, H.

The 'experience' is 'experiential (sorry if that sounds waffly), it consists not only of a story and pictures, but of actually experiencing it, feelings, smells, tastes, heat etc, feeling frustrations at dealing with language problems, doubts about faithfulness, truth or lies etc.

Very unlikely that an outsider could capture that on film effectively. Certainly unlikely in the form of a TV doco.

Having said that, if it is made, and does screen, I'd love to see it!

Contrary to what Simie states, I found this board before I'd been to LOS and when I was trying to decide. It made up my mind.

A lot of interesting debate going on here. I will admit that I've sent the guy my email and he's replied. Will I do the interview? Don't know yet. He'll have to agree to a meet off the record and then I'll do some research and let him know.

I figure, what's the worst that can happen? He paints me as a pedophile on French media (who cares, I'm American) and I sue the crap out of him, his production company, his media supporters, the network that aired the show and anyone else I can find to name. I then retire comfortably in LOS. I can think of worse scenarios.

quote:

Originally posted by DJ1999J:

Any publicity for the sanuk scene is only going to make non-sanukers look even more unfavourably on frequent Thailand travellers than they already do, and may even cause the Thai government to push further crackdowns.

I can't see anything good coming out of this at all.

I agree. Every sex-in-LOS docu is always causing a bit more pressure on thais to clean it up,and we know that the new bozos on the scene, besides looking for gold and old US bonds in caverns, seem to want to do just that. Maybe i will e-mail this french guy and see how he intends not to be manipulated by more powerful than him. Now again, his docu might show on an obscure travel channel at 1 in the morning....

quote:

Originally posted by vtombrown:

By the way, shouldn't flyonzewall lend his bleeding heart to the perpetually downtrodden human beings who are obese, with the same fervor as does he champion the cause of po' Asian country folk? I, personally, would rather be a hot Isaan chick than be a grossly obese Western person. Have some empathy and decency flyonzewall.[/QB]

hey, i lent my bleeding heart here to the much attacked and misunderstood moviemaker! smile.gif" border="0

by the way would you like to be that hot easarn chick who is just lying under that grossly obese western person? i personally in that situation would rather be that grossly overweight western person. smile.gif" border="0

Fly, in your reply to Rictic you make some good points. But how many of us "ordinary Joes" are sufficiently media-savvy to be so cool under fire that we can consistently provide spin-proof responses? Not to mention a partner for whom English may well be a third or fourth language?

And, yes, the material needs to be edited. And that is where the damage will be done, in my opinion.

quote:

Originally posted by bohicasia:

Fly, in your reply to Rictic you make some good points. But how many of us "ordinary Joes" are sufficiently media-savvy to be so cool under fire that we can consistently provide spin-proof responses? Not to mention a partner for whom English may well be a third or fourth language?

And, yes, the material needs to be edited. And that is where the damage will be done, in my opinion.

that is why one should really think about before giving interviews or being filmed, asking yourself: are you really up to that task?

no answer should be longer than 10 or 20 seconds, then it will be not easy to edit important sentences out. subjects one does not want to talk about should clearly be talked about beforehand so that no misunderstandings happen later on. and constant awareness!

very important is also not to drink any alcohol before or during the interview, people tend to loosen up too much even when not noticably drunk.

remembering these things by the way will make it a lot easier for the person who does the interview, no one wants somebody blabbering endlessly and then afterwards having the difficult task of editing what might not be important. that is when a lot of these misportrayals happen.

some ordinary joe in my opinion should not volonteer to be interviewed unless he knows and trusts the person who does the interview on such a controversial subject.

but if someone is confident enough and also can speak in an intelligent way in front of the camera it could be a benefit to everyone involved and especially the viewers.

what i forgot to say is also that you don't need to constantly provide spin proof responses as it is not life. you can always request to stop for a second to collect your thoughts and reshoot it, or time off for thinking.

Archived