Stick....should know better

sinsin2

There's a very amiable Frenchman from a French production company running around Bangkok doing research for a documentary about naughty nightlife in Bangkok and beyond... Unlike others who have come to Bangkok to make such a production, Marc appears to have done a lot of homework and doesn't have all of the misconceptions that many so may journalists before him have had. Marc would like some assistance and here follows a message from him.

Hi all,

My name is Marc, I am a French TV reporter working on a documentary on Bangkok night scene to be broadcast in January on French TV. To complete my report, I am presently looking for a successful love story between an occidental tourist and a bar girl. I know from reading this site that some of you tried and were deceived. I also know from talking to Stickman that some of you succeed into getting girls out of the business. I think it is

important to understand how you succeeded and why . Contact me if:

-You are living outside Thailand.

-You are dating a former bar girl.

-You have long terms plans with her.

-You succeeded into getting her out of the business.

-You are coming to Thailand to meet her during the next month.

-You are willing to give your testimony for the French TV.

I would accompany and film you and your girlfriend at some important moments of your stay, of mutual agreement. I work alone, am very discreet and I have done this kind of job before. I won't put heavy pressure on you.

From Stickmans Weekly.

IMHO from previous experience in journalism and politics,all reporters are lying

bastards,looking to make a name.They will justify breaking confidences/twisting the truth under the guise of the publics right to know or, the sub editor rewrote the story.

BEWARE

[ November 11, 2001: Message edited by: sinsin ]

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You may have a point. If this is just another t.v. piece on "prostitution in Thailand, blabla..." do we really need another one of those? But in fairness, if this guy is making a real documentry, and will show all sides without bias, then o.k. The trouble is, telling the difference...

Sinsin,

Have you met the guy making the production? Have you talked at length with him about what he proposes? Do you know who he has already got onboard for the production? Do you know what it all involves? Do you know what he has already done? Do you know to what lengths he has already gone to get the facts right?

What about if I went around saying that I was going to write a website about nightlife in Thailand, do you think it would say that Thailand is full of fat beasts who can't get laid at home???? Well, I made the site, and I didn't say that - so maybe, just maybe, this guy is trying to do the right thing too? Maybe, just maybe, this guy is trying to do the right thing. Maybe he isn't! BUT, by putting his note on the site, it allows people to get in touch with him if they wish. If they don't, no big deal. I'm sure most people will not want to get involved, but perhaps there are some that want to...and now they have the chance. They know the risks.

You are very welcome to your opinion that this fellow may not write the story as you would like to see it and your warning is of course valid. But, I VERY strongly resent your comment that "Stick should know better". That is a damned insult.

Stick

[ November 11, 2001: Message edited by: Stickman ]

IMHO ANY documentary showing the Thai naughty nightlife, sex scene or whatever one wishes to call it is a bad thing. Firstly because they tend to attract new sex tourists which will only speed up the downward spiral in the girls "attitude" and hasten the further increase in prices. And secondly give the current "farang unfriendly" government more ammunition for yet another crackdown. Its only my personal view, but I don't think anyone with any interest in the "naughty nightlife" scene should assist with such programmes in any way what so ever.

Cheers Simie.

quote:

Originally posted by simie:

Firstly because they tend to attract new sex tourists which will only speed up the downward spiral in the girls "attitude" and hasten the further increase in prices. And secondly give the current "farang unfriendly" government more ammunition for yet another crackdown.

Unlike columnists, websites and message boards such as Nanapong, Stickman, Trinkiepoo, Dr. Joker, Baron Bonk, bangkok bars, FLB, PattayaLovers, and of course, dear ol' Nanaplaza.com...? Okay, sarcasm off.

The revolution will not be televised, it will be netcast. TV stopped being relevant in 1998. I don't think one more shockumentary or TV expose is gonna make a damn bit of difference. I just don't want my face in it.

Thanks for being on the show.

Bohica, the websites and message boards you mentioned generally are looked at by people who have already been or made their mind up to go. Documentaries on TV are going to be seen by loads of "normal normans". Who may be watching with their wives and amongst such people these programmes just add to the sort of image which this Thai government seem to want to get rid of. It may also light a spark of interest in some male viewers. I agree these programmes have no effect on hardened sex tourists, but thats not the group I was talking about in my post. These sorts of programmes do nothing but harm to Thailands image abroad, or the image that the government would like to project. And this is only likely to lead to further crackdowns.

Cheers Simie.

Sorry Stickman I did not mean to insult you.

But in view of past coverage of the Thai

Sex scene, the recent crackdown and the Thai

Government attitude to Thailand’s negative image,

You are being a bit naïve about this (or perhaps I am paranoid),

In the view of the vast majority, We are a bunch of losers who cannot sustain a relationship,get sex from a white woman.Many more believe We are exploiting poverty stricken Asian women. More believe we are pedophiles. The list goes on and on.

A fair description of this sites’ membership to a non sanucker would include the

Words whoremongers,perverts etc.

Your own site is directly related to the sanuk scene,not so long ago you felt threatened

Yourself.IMO the advisibility of getting involved with/helping/ advising a reporter

Is fraught with danger for you , do you think He will not feature your PI service

In the programme?

That of course is your business not mine but I am entitled to caution others against getting involved.

I must say that I respect you and really enjoy your site and contributions ,and probably should have put more thought into the thread title.

It's very simple:

1)how in the hell is this guy going to show any insight in something that we have been arguing about ad nauseam for years between LOS lovers, namely, the conundrum BG ot TG vs farang? no matter how sincere, no docu will do justice to this subject unless it apprehends the workings of patriarchal thai society, socially and economic.

I smell a fish. No matter how legit he is (what are his past credentials/productions?), do not doubt one minute that the PC brigades of French TV and press, with a media power that Taliban would envy, will take it as another invitation to blast foreign loosers who choose subservient asian women as their sex toys, or, God Forbid, wives.... No way holy PC will ever change its tune on that. It's their daily bread: men (white) are bad people, and women (all colors) are sex objects or maids. That's for a beginning....

IMO: about high time that we lay off white guys and start a real docu on the new role of the thai governement in prostitution: Big pimp Daddy. telling you where to have fun and until what time, and soon, for how much.

Archived