dave32

To be, or not to be  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Time to retire?

• Yep
    • Nope
    • couldn't care less
    • leave it be, but would be nice to see more focus on Thailand

If it's retired then the board will just become infested again with numerous different threads about the USA and who wants that? :down:

i voted could'nt care less.

i gave up reading it long,long ago as i have no interest.

i have no idea what most of the posts are about as i have no interest in what seems to me to a lot of american political chat.

Jeez, you can't win for losing. Folks bitched about US news being all over the board, so the Wanker guy made a US thread. Now people are bitching because the US thread is too long.

Why not just make one Miscellaneous Forum and bung everything into it. :p

p.s. The last photo contest was a lesson. 13 people voted, and the winner scored a landslide by recieving 23% of the votes. There doesn't seem to be much interest in anything these days.

If it's retired then the board will just become infested again with numerous different threads about the USA and who wants that? :down:

Didn't it say it was your 50th birthday yesterday?

Big one. Happy Birthday. :beer:

Note: If the board was thriving and active I'd be militant about leaving the USA thread alone, fuck the naysayers and all that. But if the board is having it's own recession mirroring the worlds, but there's still hyper activity in the USA thread, I'm a little empathetic to people's irritation and grumbling 'why is this here.'

Irrespective, maybe it's just throwing up a flag to others (and myself), lets keep the board active and focus on Thailand.

And no I definitely don't want to have the opposite effect and drive people away, especially my neighbors.

Ps. KS, if you get a chance could you move this to the USA thread. Haha. Wasn't even thinking about that.

Over 30k views and more than 4400 replies?? Please find another thread as active and ask for that one to be closed down also.

I see only 2444 replies not your claimed 4440 plus

Figures alone don't mean much without without analysing them.

1-18 October (BKK Time) there have been 88 posts on the Thread by 10 posters

Chocolate Steve (29) and Flashermac (22) account for 60% of the Posts / 30% per Poster

Add in Bangkoktraveller (14) and Kamui (11) and the top 4 active posters account 86.4% of the Posts / 21.6% per Poster

The balance is 6 posters making a combined 12 posts between them 13.4% of the Posts / 2.233% per Poster.

Whilst I agree with your comment that it is an active thread, I would counter that it is not a popular thread. It is currently dominated by 4 posters having political debate about USA with the occasional quip thrown in, and with a current post / view ratio of approx 1:12.5 is not a traffic generating thread more likely repeat visitors checking latest updates and adding posts as and when.

So activity does not relate to popularity and I noticed that you have not posted in it during the month of October yet you are posting here defending it.

Over 30k views and more than 4400 replies?? Please find another thread as active and ask for that one to be closed down also.

Not being self-congratulatory are we? I like all the posters there. But I laid out my case clear. Could've stripped it down, allow me to opine once again:

empathetic to people's irritation

throwing up a flag

keep the board active and focus on Thailand.

Completely my error quoting over 4400 replies. Misread the number. 2400 is accurate. And absolutely NOT self congratulatory. I don't know if I've posted in that thread since the very infancy of it. I made it to shut up the whiners about US news all over the place. Now that it is in one place, why bash it? Don't like the thread, don't read it. Simple.

Archived