Govt Sacrifices Eastern Bangkok

WorldFun

My nearest Tops grocery is still pretty well cleaned out today. Shelves had been restocked for some items, but all gone today. No bottled water, milk, soft drinks or beer, no bread or any kind of bakery goods, no rice, no instant noodles ... meat shelves empty.

Klong Prapa is high, but still a meter below the top of the retaining walls. The Thais are out netting fish to kill for their dinner, since the flow of the rivers has swept so many down stream. There must be hundreds of people lining the klong, all gleefully violating one of Buddha's main precepts.

My taxi driver insisted the neighbourhood will flood tonight, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Interestingly, there is plenty of hard stuff on the shelves - bourbon, scotch, vodka, gin ... and plenty of wine. The Thais obviously are beer drinkers.

I can just imagine people flocking to the groceries to stock up on beer, desperate to get there between 12 noon and 2pm, after which is it illegal according to a law that doesn't exist. :hmmm:

Archived