Water In Suk Soi 4, Bangkok

Bar4

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I saw water on Suk Soi 50 about 1 PM yesterday. The water invaded down to Soi 56 in a residential area. Never got to Suk.

The police had put up signs, in Thai, saying Soi 50 was closed but TIT, they kept driving down the soi.

Water approx. 40cm at its deepest point.

Later (5 PM), I was asked, errrr told to transport a lady to Soi 50 so she could have a look. We went via Rama 4 and then into the Klong Toei port area. There is a Wat back in there and the monks were humping sandbags to block the entrance. There is a bridge over the Phra Khanong klong and it was full of onlookers. Also, a barge/boat in that area full of gov workers restoring the sandbags that had ruptured, causing the flooding.

At 8PM, still have approx. 30cm of water on Soi 50. Still no water even close to Suk.

Unless there actually is some flooding then I don't suppose you really need to post any more pics. confused0006.gif:dunno:

Yep agreed. Should add that there is a shortage of some brands of BEER. Both in Bangkok and Pattaya. Now the situation is serious! We have stock for now but can only order in limited quantities.

Cheers,

Mark

The end is nigh!!! sad.gif

Not quite but now the beer supply is under threat things are suddenly serious. Flooding and water shortage, ok, got my attention for a bit. But no beer - fook me - that is serious.

On a positive note - loads of San Mig and Carlsberg delivered yesterday. So we may not have your favourite beer but we will have something. And water supply almost back to normal.

Cheers,

Mark

Not quite but now the beer supply is under threat things are suddenly serious. Flooding and water shortage, ok, got my attention for a bit. But no beer - fook me - that is serious.

On a positive note - loads of San Mig and Carlsberg delivered yesterday. So we may not have your favourite beer but we will have something. And water supply almost back to normal.

Cheers,

Mark

I would drink any beer, if I just would the opportunity to go to BKK.

Instead it will be Paris, but with 12 hr work days...

beer.gif

An update on the beer supply situation.

From what I have observed there was a couple of days where it was difficult to source SOME brands of beer - Heineken, Tiger and Singha included. So, preparing for the worst, I ordered loads of Carlsberg, both draught and bottled, San Mig etc. Carlsberg is now out out stock until around Tuesday I believe. In Soi 4 last night I saw loads of Heineken and some Tiger and Singha being delivered.

So my take, from what I have seen and read, is:

- Heineken appear to have scaled back production but have now revved it up again,

- Singha supplies in Bangkok and Pattaya were stuffed because the factory on the river is fooked. It will take a little time to get in stocks from the factory in Khon Kaen

- San Mig never had a problem

From my position my bar has loads of beer and we have been assured delivery of Heineken will continue. If the situation changes I will advise, but for now, business as usual.

Cheers,

Mark

Archived