Water In Suk Soi 4, Bangkok

Bar4

I was by Boonrawd Breweries on Samsen Road last week, well sandbagged and not flooded. The water spilled over near them a couple of weeks ago, but the breach was quickly repaired. Maybe they are having trouble getting supplies and workers there? It looked high and dry to me.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what's the word on the streets now?

Unless they close swampy I'm coming -- flight departs LAX in about 48 hours.

I may be one of the only customers around -- but don't worry Bar 4 dude. I like to drink.

San Miguel will do just fine.

Good news re your drinking. And better news is that supplies are almost back to normal so you won't have a problem getting a beer!

Cheers,

Mark

Suk Soi 4 still dry as a bone. The only thing flowing is the beer.

Good mate of mine lives in Sai Mai, north of the old airport. In an email yesterday he reports the water level is dropping and the worst appears over. Let's hope so.

Cheers,

Mark

The farkin Thai TV News said the road was open from BKK to Saraburi, etc...bullshit!!! they call 1/2m of water, road open? Spent 2 hours sitting in traffic at Rangsit and driving thru water and then 3 hours sitting in traffic and driving thru water at Thanyaburi!!!

Fark Thai News!!! azzholes!!!

The farkin Thai TV News said the road was open from BKK to Saraburi, etc...bullshit!!! they call 1/2m of water, road open? Spent 2 hours sitting in traffic at Rangsit and driving thru water and then 3 hours sitting in traffic and driving thru water at Thanyaburi!!!

Fark Thai News!!! azzholes!!!

Driving through water is unusual but I thought spending hours waiting in traffic is normal in Bangkok. Several yrs ago -- the last time I was in Bangkok other than the airport -- I made the mistake of trying to go half way across Bangkok on the bus. It took me several hours. I go stright from airport to Pattaya now, never venture into Bangkok anymore.

Archived