Floods Now Because Dams Were Not Emptied In September?

iuytrede

Supposedly the dams were full 2 months ago and they were not emptied when it was still possible. That's why we have the floods now.

I have heard this several times. Any truth in it?

On TV, a poster suggests political/economic reasons for the decisions 2 months ago. Anybody knows more about this?

Supposedly the dams were full 2 months ago and they were not emptied when it was still possible. That's why we have the floods now.

On TV, a poster suggests political/economic reasons for the decisions 2 months ago. Anybody knows more about this?

Truw.

I guess putting a dozen boats at the end of the river and using their engines to discharge the water into the sea was considered more appropiate.

It is true that it was a major mistake not to empty the dams. But I think that the agency concerned just tried its best to preserve water for the dry season - or more likely they didn't have a plan at all. I guess they won't do it again. surprised.gif

Anyway, just to assume that there was a conspiracy behind the full dams completely ignores the level of incompetence the current and previous governments have shown on all levels in regard to water management and flood prevention. How can anybody assume that the flooding had been planned, if noone up the power structure seems to have had an understanding about the whole matter.

But of course the Red Shirts will love and need the theory, since especially red shirt areas have been hit hard, while yellow shirt BKK stayed safe in most part, and since the theory will deflect the blame from the Yingluk government.

i'm fully with kamui. makes no sense whatsoever oneway or the other. but surely there is an incentive to store enough water for 2 or even 3 crops of rice a year & that needs full dams come the draught season. only problem of course to know when the rainy season turns to dry for each dam...currently all dams at 100% or more capacity I even have seen numbers quoted at like 140% wo0nder how that's even possible lol! TIT where a special type of math applies :)

Archived