Bangkok Officials Have To Choose Who Stays Dry In Floods

kamui

i really dont get how a few mob gatherings of people are allowed this much power.

it took so much more of red shirts or yellows to manage nothing really in terms of results, but yet here they seem to get exactly what they want if they whine loud enough without any consequences whatsoever even if their actions lead to huge & expensive outfalls such as industrial estates flooded or tap water contaminated etc etc.

so why waste the military or other 'enforcing' officers resources when they dont protect their assigned dykes anyway?

i really dont get how a few mob gatherings of people are allowed this much power.

it took so much more of red shirts or yellows to manage nothing really in terms of results, but yet here they seem to get exactly what they want if they whine loud enough without any consequences whatsoever even if their actions lead to huge & expensive outfalls such as industrial estates flooded or tap water contaminated etc etc.

so why waste the military or other 'enforcing' officers resources when they dont protect their assigned dykes anyway?

IMHO that shows how weak Yingluk and her government is. 100 or so people show up and demand that the sluice gates have to be opened and she agreed - even though fully opened gates would mean that another industrial area would be flooded, which of course would cause much more harm to the people, the image of the country and the economy.

Nah, these were ethnic Thai Muslims, not loonies from the far south. They are more or less normal folks - as much as a Muslim can be. They had been quite accepting - Inshallah - until the Thai in them finally took over and they ran riot.

Meanwhile, Yingluck has given in to the guv and is backing off on her opening the Saw Wa floodgate ... a bit late though. Demonstrating her dynamic leadership, she has announced -

"I have ordered a committee to negotiate with residents [living upstream] to narrow the gate so that less overflow will enter Bangkok," she said. :applause:

I tried to post the entire report, but the effing board rejected it and ate it. After two tries, I said fark it and gave up. :(

My link

Archived