Windows 7

cavanami

Mr. Behind the Times here...

I had given Vista a miss after seeing all the issues with drivers, etc.

Now I have a work PC with Windows 7 on it.

So far, looks OK and touchy/feelie, seems very XP like.

One good thing, when you request to disconnect a USB device, like a memory stick, it

disconnects NOW! XP, 2000, seem to have problems getting USB devices disconnected, not

so with Win 7 :up:

Any other opinions?

I've never had problems disconnecting usb flash drives on Windows XP or Windows 7 :dunno: . The problem I have now with Windows 7 (works fine on XP) is that embedded youtube videos on Thai360 don't show up. Are you able to see embedded youtube videos on your Win 7?

I've never had problems disconnecting usb flash drives on Windows XP or Windows 7 :dunno: . The problem I have now with Windows 7 (works fine on XP) is that embedded youtube videos on Thai360 don't show up. Are you able to see embedded youtube videos on your Win 7?

I use W7 and do not have your problem or Cav's. Sorry, don't know what's causing your problem.

HH

Sure I can see them, I have a flash blocking program though that asks me if I want to view them first though.

I had issues with XP and USB connections as well at the end of my old laptops life, I came to the conclusion that I had that much junk on my old hard drive at the time that the USB port couldn't tell what was running where.

I uninstalled and then re-installed Adobe Flash Player and changed the IE security setting from high-medium to medium. Now it works (but I don't which of the two did the trick).

The problem returned after I rebooted. :susel: Now, it looks like I can see the embedded youtube videos when I'm logged in as the administrator in win 7 but can't when I'm logged in as a user :dunno:

I have not used Win 7 much on the internet as this is a work PC for software development.

My next task is to make the PC a dual boot; with XP or Win 7.

I found this site: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/8057-dual-boot-installation-windows-7-xp.html

It seems to have the dual boot procedure well laid out. Of course I made a Ghost image of the HD before I start.

Archived