Ichina

sayjann

on my way back from from my next trip to thailand i will have around 10 hours in shanghai airport before flying back to the uk.

never been to china before so does anyone have any recent info on prices in the terminals?.

i will inform my bank that i will use my ATM card to get cash when i need it.

i just want want to have enough chinese cash on me when i arrive to get a coffee/beer/sandwich for my immediate needs.

if i want to do the duty free or other shopping for trinkets how much cash should i think about arriving with?.

i know it's a silly thought but i imagine they will have ATM's and currency booths but i would just like a little info.

thanks for any info.....

and while i think about it,what amount of foreign cash can i take into thailand?.

i like to take enough sterling to last me 5/7 days and change it into baht when i get into the country and normally then take any extra cash from the ATM's.

any info?.

BKK to UK via Shanghai?

WTF Shit Can your travel agent.

4 1/2 hour flight to Shanghai then a 10 hour stop over followed by a 12 1/2 hour flight to London are you sadistic.

i don't have a problem how long it takes to get home,once your on your way home who cares how long it takes as the adventure is over.

getting quckly to thailand is the important option.

i will be stopping in india and china on my next trip and countries i have never been to before.

while a lot of you folks here will yawn and think boring but it's new to me.

i know i won't see the sights but just a stamp im my passport excites me.

i think of many people i know who have never left the uk in their lives.

but thanx for your useful info..... :hmmm:

If you have to transit in KL while flying Air Asia they run you through immigration and back.

What a lot of people, and I include myself in this, forget is the excitement a plane flight or a few hours in an airport can give an occasional traveller.

I must have, along with more than a few other members as well, made literally hundreds of flights in the last ten years and personally don't give a rats arse if I never get on a fucking plane again.

I still remember that first international flight though, Sydney, Mumbai, London.

Bloody hell, I even thought Heathrow was exciting. :lol:

And don't get me started on fucking passport stamps.... :(

thanks allistar.

that's what i normally do if i have a long wait between flights.

just ask what the rules are and normally i just have to exit the terminal and then check-in again and go through immigration again to get back into departures.

can be a palaver(dubai springs to mind)but i don't mind doing it if it gets me out the building for a while.

get a bit of fresh air and sit down for a hour or so having a smoke.

i just like to get out of the building and avoid looking at the same 4 walls for hours on end.

and still plenty of time to have food/drinks if required.

Back in the 1970s, I once had to get a visa to enter Hong Kong just so I could go to the desk at the airport and confirm my connecting flight to Bangkok! I was stamped in and out in about 15 minutes. Barely made my flight. :p

Transiting in Munich I went through immigration just to go outside and have a cigarette. It was bizarre as on previous transits the smoking areas were right by the walkways and suddenly there was no smoking in the airport anywhere. Guy standing outside told me had to with smoking laws for Bavaria being so strict.

TH

Transiting in Munich I went through immigration just to go outside and have a cigarette. It was bizarre as on previous transits the smoking areas were right by the walkways and suddenly there was no smoking in the airport anywhere. Guy standing outside told me had to with smoking laws for Bavaria being so strict.

TH

i've touched upon it before that i get pissed off with UK airports banning smoking everywhere.

in dubai i could have a cigarette in the terminal in bars/coffee places and thailand has smoking rooms which are welcome to a smoker.

i don't know the exact laws of the UK's ban on smoking but why not look at other countries and the way they treat people?.

you hear many stories of people having too much alcohol and causing many problems but alcohol if freely served in airports and encouraged.

but for some people a cigarette is more important and they can just as stressed.

i can easily go without a drink at airports but being a nicotine addict i need my fix before a connecting flight.

that's why i like to get flights which involve a stop,just so that i can satisfy my craving.

after all i can drink all i want on a plane and for free.

Archived