A Flowchart To Determine What Religion You Should Follow

The_Munchmaster

When I started at primary school in Australia I lived in a multi-cultural suburb. All the new kids were assembled in the quadrangle and told that when your religion was called you should follow that particular teacher. Even then when I was five I was amazed at how many religions there were. I remember Greek Orthodox was a big one. Theravada Bhuddism. Catholic, Protestant, Confucius, then from seeming hundreds of children I'm left standing with about five boys and girls all pale and wan caucasians. The Principal then told us we were Church of England. To this day if I'm asked I'll tell people I'm Church of England!

Religion can't be taken seriously though. Have you ever met someone who believes in Creationism? Don't they look really unevolved? "I believe God created me in one day" - 'well it looks like it, fuck it'. Let's take the bible as God's literal words - the presidents Bush and Clinton were fundamentalist christians and just look at the hell they've wrought. When you read the bible it says Adam and Eve had a son called Abel, then another called Cain - then Cain fell out with Abel and went off and 'took a wife'. So where the fuck did this wife come from???? I tell you what I was sweating hot steel bullets reading this bible - then you read the contempary version and it's like Jesus is hanging ten over the sea of Galilee as he walked on water (it was awesome!). If we are going to take this fucking thing literally. Anyhow I'm good old C of E at social events were it matters where we sip tea and it's impolite not to be so. Because you have to be something these days and it's poor etiquette to say you are an athiest or espouse your theory that the Gulf War never fucking actually happened.

Archived