New Monitor Problem

The_Munchmaster

A few weeks ago my office PC monitor (22" ViewSonic) starting acting up, such that every morning I had to unplug the power cord from the back, wait a few seconds and then reconnect the power cord before the monitor would activate. This escalated to the stage where I had to unplug and reconnect a few times before it would activate and finally it refused to activate at all.

So new was monitor ordered and arrived today, while I was out of the office. Person delivering monitor installed it but when I arrived at the office I was informed that there was a problem (something to do with the wrong adaptor :dunno: ) and that a tecnician was going to be arriving in a few minutes to fix the problem. I waited half an hour and no technician arrived so although I'm not particularly tech savvy I thought, how many problems can there be with a monitor, after all you just connect it to your PC, plug it in to the power and off you go.

So I checked that it was connected to my PC (it was), checked that it was plugged in (it was) and that the power was on (it was) and then I pressed the ON button and low and behold the monitor was working!

The problem? The guy who installed the monitor hadn't pressed the ON button! :doah:hairpull.gif

A few weeks ago my office PC monitor (22" ViewSonic) starting acting up, such that every morning I had to unplug the power cord from the back, wait a few seconds and then reconnect the power cord before the monitor would activate. This escalated to the stage where I had to unplug and reconnect a few times before it would activate and finally it refused to activate at all.

So new was monitor ordered and arrived today, while I was out of the office. Person delivering monitor installed it but when I arrived at the office I was informed that there was a problem (something to do with the wrong adaptor :dunno: ) and that a tecnician was going to be arriving in a few minutes to fix the problem. I waited half an hour and no technician arrived so although I'm not particularly tech savvy I thought, how many problems can there be with a monitor, after all you just connect it to your PC, plug it in to the power and off you go.

So I checked that it was connected to my PC (it was), checked that it was plugged in (it was) and that the power was on (it was) and then I pressed the ON button and low and behold the monitor was working!

The problem? The guy who installed the monitor hadn't pressed the ON button! :doah:hairpull.gif

bang.gif

Archived