33 Provinces Cold Disaster Zones

Flashermac

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You were in Japan but you bought a German heater! Was that because Japanese heaters are shite or because you really think that German products are better? :rotfl:

Nope, after a very very cold night I just went to the supermarket around the corner and the heater was on sale. chinaman.gif

And it was New Year and Tokyo was virtually empty. It was like in the Zombie movie "28 Weeks Later" and the only time that I experienced Tokyo not being busy.

PS: I never trusted the Japanese gas heaters even though they might be very secure. But open flames in an area where you have earthquakes every few months?

You would think that even the simple village households own blankets. They should be very cheap in LOS and I guess that's not the first time that the temperature fell below 15 C...

surprised.gif

But in the end it is all relative. Russians might find - 7C a very pleasant temperature in Winter.

Agreed, but I often wonder how folk in Siberia cope when Summer finally rolls around - apparently it can be quite hot and humid, with mosquitoes as big as hawks (!). As a mate of mine in Brissie used to say 'You can always put more clothes on when its cold, but you cant take any more clothes off once you get naked !'. I often wonder how his marriage lasted - we wandered around Uni drooling over all the Undergrad crumpet on our way to yet-another-boring-lecture. Glory days, people.

Archived