Facebook Is Using You

Steve

I creaetd a new email address that I will use solely for employment since it isn't tied to any of my socal networking sites. I've been mulling getting myself off Facebook for a long time. I don't have Twitter and won't start. FB has been great in that I have found people from years ago but its getting more and more intrusive.

g this

If I ever seek employment in any American company I will definitely take myself off all sites including this one probably and get back on after I have the job. Same with any europan company. Only small firms who I think don't have the money or time to do a electronic investigation but I may be underestimating them.

The recent news of a UK person being denied entry in the U.S. over a Twitter message scares the hell out of me. I suspect Homeland security does a check on all the electronic, social mediums of anyone buying a ticket to come to the states. As an American citizen they can't deny my entry (I hope) but they can detain me. With the new laws they could hold me indefinitely I heard. This isn't my parent's America any longer. This post in of itself could get me detained probably.

The last bastion of civil liberties in the world is gone I think. Sad. 1984 is here.

I've been using a "ghost" FB acct to do some friendly check ups on MLG. To good effect.

Today I've made a more "legit" FB acct using a variation of my real name and no other real details so that FB can't get any useful info from me. Also a "ghost" gmail address to support it. This one I will use to be a "friend" of MLG. If she lets me :)

BTW {Yup - my deletion should be finalised this week. Clever how any attempt to login in the 10 day 'grace period' will re-activate it. } They keep your info forever, I once tried to log back in after some years, and they still had everything I'd left there a long time ago (they call it re-activation).

Ghost accts are the only way to go if you need to use this service.

Archived