Is It Possible To Run The Thunderbird Mail From External Hd

waerth

Hello,

I have a 5 year old laptop and am running into serious limitations here. Absolutely no money to replace it so that is not an option. System is Windows Vista Basic.

My Thunderbird mailbox is 20GB at the moment and growing rapidly even though I regularly purge my modeling agencies emails from the attachments. I cannot delete my emails. I regularly compact the mailfolders as well. My internal HD is only 76 gb and totally filled up now that I have seriously updated windows with an extra 2 gb in shit as I need it to continue some things I need to do.

Now I have 2 external drives attached to the laptop where I moved almost everything already. I now want to move the mailfiles for Thunderbird over there. Now they are under windows/users and I am afraid I cannot move them externally.

Does anyone know if this is possible or not? If not I will run into serious space issues as I have already moved virtually everything I could to my external HD's .......

Buy a big 32 gbyte thumbdrive, and put in Portable Apps on it - then download Thunderbird and away you go!

PM

I agree that is one way to go when starting off from new but what Waerth was asking was how to back up existing emails from Thunderbird onto an external HDD.

Archived