Red's Return- Phuket

Redbaron

Karon

Arriving back at the guesthouse I used to spend so much time in was comforting. After the excitement of Pattaya, it was good to see a familiar face (Joy - guesthouse owner, 60 yo Thai girl and a top chick) and settle in for a few beers and a good old chin wag. Joy filled me in on what had been happening, who was staying there, and which of my old mates had and hadn't come back, how her kids were going overseas, the excitement of Phuket and the first big Chang or two was free.

Met a top English lad there who turned out to be my number one drinking partner until he went home - the weather was unseasonably hot this trip, and downing cold ones while watching the circus go past was one of the easier ways to spend a balmy afternoon. Over the road was a "legit" massage shop, and the girls/lady-boy who worked there used to pop in for a coke during the day, and the odd game of pool after work. Outside was one of those VW Combi Cocktail vans, which frequently drew a crowd, and enticed some other people into the "bar".

A Russian girl plonked herself on a chair on my first night, almost zero English (it appeared) and even less Thai - though Joy recognized her and says she was on the game... Hmmm thinks Red... At first, she genuinely looked lost, had trouble asking for a menu, and terrible at pool - so being a nice bloke, I tried to help, and got a few laughs. Did I mention she was a stunner? About 5'10, long legs, great rack, shadow of a six pack, beautiful blue eyes and those denim shorts I'm so fond of..

She mimes walking with her fingers, and we go for a bit of a bar hop - one or two beers in quite a few bars, one which she leans over the table and plants a big sloppy wet one on my mouth.. Being a gentleman, I wasn't going to stop her.

Using sign language, her 4 or 5 words of English, and my 3 words of Russian, she tried to ask me why I was interested in her, as she's "tall" and Thai girls are "small". Hindsight, she may have been talking price, but this never came up again. I asked the similar question - plenty of younger lads around sporting a six pack stomach, where mine has swelled over the years. She says "Not too bad."

I guess I'll never know what her game was as we ended up almost shagging on the beach, until we realized the sun was coming up, and the Germans/Russians were approaching with their towels - heading for the deck lounges (where we were) - so it was quick, put the pants back on and head back.

She didn't seem interested in coming back to my room, so I walked her back to her hotel and said goodbye... and was welcomed back at the guesthouse with a coffee and toast. Joy and the other girl who worked there thought it hilarious.

I did catch up with Ruski again, who thought my, "Bond, James Bond" Connery impression was hilarious, especially as I was pointing out the farang doing the parachute-boat thingy. Without blowing my own trumpet I did manage to convince her to check out my room, she didn't seem impressed to be honest, and when I pulled out the camera she nearly hit the roof... Managed to get one away though, and as the previous night had been a big one and I hadn't slept much - I caught up on a few zzz afterwards as we lads tend to do. She was quite anxious to leave, saying she had to do something the next day... OK - bye bye..

The following (or that) night was another big one - after having a few beers in the bars, I head back to the guesthouse to join my drinking buddy, who tells me the massage girls, as well as the Cocktail Van guy will be joining us for a few beers, laughs and pool.

"Cool," says I, "there are a few I'd love to get to know a bit better...."

"They're not like that Red."

"We'll see...." says I.

TBC (in this thread)

Phuket Day two... Apple.

Around 1230 they arrive - the cheeky one, the lady-boy, and who's that bringing up the rear? Haven't met her before. Hair up, looks like she's just jumped out of the shower, lightly powdered face, casual yet flattering clothes and just enough cleavage to raise my eyebrows. Sultry face.

"She's nice Joy."

"You'll never change Red."

"What's her name and does she have a tiruk?"

"Apple. Not sure, probably."

The cocktail van is packing up as we play the first few games. Thai rules apparently is the go here. The Brit and I laugh about how Joy conveniently chooses which country's rules she plays depending on how she or the girls are doing. By the time the cocktail guy joins us, the first two massage girls are off - just the Brit, Cocktail Guy, Apple, Joy and myself. The girls have a game as the lads have a few beers and a laugh - Joy whispers in me ear - "She thinks you're cute." Yeah, I get that a lot Joy, especially since I've put on these 10 extra kilos.

Joy heads to the computer to do whatever she does at the end of the day, and we start doubles. Brit and Cocktail vs Me and Apple. We're on fire - unbeatable. I tell her she's my good luck charm. That Cocktail Guy and her seem pretty close though, better be careful here.

"Just friends - same same brother."

"Sure?"

"Jing Jing! 100%" as she wraps her arm around mine. Maybe Joy was right. Maybe he is gay.

Brit and Cocktail Guy head off (not together), and it's just Apple and I left. She's a bit of a punter, so what are we playing for?

"You win I pay your bin, I win - up to you." Says I.

"OK" she says before wiping the floor with me, or maybe I potted the black into the wrong hole, but she was pretty excited and I get one or two of those "sniff" kisses.

The conversation goes well over the next few games, but not like a bar girl, I'm not sure if this one's "on the game" or not. I'm thinking she is, tattoos, smokes, drinks Leo - and she knows I'm "up for it" as she knew of the Russian but for some reason, going upstairs is not mentioned. I don't bring it up because, to be honest, a lot of large beers have gone down my throat that day, and it's getting pretty late.... May not manage it.

It gets late, and we are both pretty stuffed. She tells me she won't be working the next day, but the day after I should come for a massage. Sounds good to me.

TBC

[size="3"

TBC[/size]

Red, sorry mate....when you sent me the msg (Thursday) it was my last nyt....I did not see it till 7.30....too late to come to Soi 8.....and I was already "In Bed"....lol

When U called on Saturday.....I was in farkkkkn Ubon.....go figure...

Next time mate....for sure...

Cheers DS / DC

PHUKET the next bit....

The next day was a quiet one, probably did a bit of touristy stuff, then again, I think I had a sleep in and joined the Brit for a few beers as it was his last night in Phuket. Joy cooked up a storm and about 10 of us had a farewell feast for the Brit, we played pool into the night and when the guesthouse closed we hit the bars at around 2am.

It had turned into a big night as tends to happen, Joy had given us a few long necks, and we downed them while watching the ever slowing procession out the front on the soi before heading to "Slappers Corner" for a few. The old mama-san apologised there were no girls for us, but if we returned by 10pm there would be a few the next night. We didn't mind, the Brit wasn't a player and we were just out for a few cold ones. We had a good laugh and ended up at a massage place / beer bar which we knew was open 24/7. Run by probably the ugliest, least feminine lady-boy in the world, but staffed by girls who were always up for a good laugh. We pumped in the drinks, rang the bell and I think I made a few drunken promises by around 8am - something about returning when I was more sober for a massage and blow job...

"Shit I have to go home today"

"Sucks doesn't it - this place has gotten to you hasn't it?"

"I guess so - when will you be back Red?"

"ASAP"

"Same here... we'll have to do this all again."

"Absolutely"

Brit heads back for a few zeds, and I end up staggering "home" in the heat of Phuket's morning sun hours later...

Still no sign of Apple the next day, as I awake at around 3, and I can feel evil eyes on me from the massage bar up the road, so I head there to apologise, and explain I was drunk and would never had made it back there at whatever time was agreed upon. A few drinks and all is well again.

One of (Apple's friends) the massage girls tell me she's inside, so I head in for the promised massage from Apple, and she agrees on coming over after work for a drink and a game, and maybe something else... The massage is fine, not spectacular, but nice - and after work she's back and all the massage girls except her are missing the Brit - he left as I was asleep, and bless him, left me a couple of long necks by my door. Later he calls, and I tell him I'll share them with a friend.

Apple's the only one who comes over after work, and we hit a few bars before retiring to the loom. Can you believe it? We stayed up until all the beer was gone from the mini bar, talking and talking and talking. She seemed quite drunk, and was very inquisitive as to when I would return. Even though we had not yet "done the deed" we were getting on like a house on fire, laughing, and at some times crying. A great massive night again.

The next day she decided she'd take a day off work and we head to Kata beach for a day out. Can't always troll the bars y'see. Just a relaxing day at the beach, but got some good photos, and yet again, lots of laughs with Apple. During a previous pool game apparently I had "won" her for the remainder of my trip. I don't remember making the bet, but that's what i was told. I also won a few other "treats" which were to be performed in the loom. We also went to the Phuket Fantasea show which we both (actually 3 of us went) enjoyed - nobody could believe after a dozen or so trips to Phuket I hadn't yet been. Well worth it IMO.

A couple of memorable days were spent with Apple, at times it was testing (like when her phone kept ringing and ringing at all hours), and I don't think I'm the only "contender" as it were. I'll never know, so I didn't push it too much. She "almost" agreed there was another, which I told her I understood. TIT hey. Still, she hooked me. I don't know if it was her perceived indifference, or the fact she was not all over me like a rash. Maybe it was the fact her shows of affection were mainly reserved for the room, or private moments other than making sure I was OK for a drink, or a feed during the day. All the physical stuff was kept behind closed doors. She was definately the "one" who hooked this fish - there's always one isn't there?

The drive to the airport was as calm as could be expected. Yes, she came with me, but I was relieved when Joy told us that she'd only be dropping me off, there would be no hanging around at the airport. Good - I didn't want to be one of those farangs. We said our goodbyes which went well. As well as it could. Promises of a hasty return were made and looked forward to.

TBC

We also went to the Phuket Fantasea show which we both (actually 3 of us went) enjoyed - nobody could believe after a dozen or so trips to Phuket I hadn't yet been. Well worth it.

The drive to the airport was as calm as could be expected. Yes, she came with me, but I was relieved when Joy told us that she'd only be dropping me off, there would be no hanging around at the airport. Good - I didn't want to be one of those farangs.

i've taken 2 long-term ladies to Fantasea and they were enthralled by the show and certainly showed me their gratitude later.

the shows good and worth seeing.

i actually like going to the airport with someone,we sit and have a meal and a couple of drinks and spend that last bit of time together.

The END

Ten out of ten for Royal Silk and Singapore Airlines. Not only because they saved the day by getting me home in the nick of time, but the service, drinks and even food were first class. When did they bring back real metal cutlery on planes? It has been a while since I flew though so may not be "news".

The check in process/immigration etc was efficient (from what I read not so in Bangkok), but depressing. Seems the bug's bitten...... again.

Flying via Singapore was interesting. After the stifling smoking room in Phuket, Singapore put a bit more thought into looking after us nicotine addicts, and made the rooms open air, with a nice little garden. Nice. With still an hour to kill until the plane leaves for Oz, I'm racking my brains. Still have a few weeks leave up my sleeve, had already researched flights and they are even cheaper now than they were when I traveled to the kingdom years back. Maybe I could swing a month of in a few months... or two. Maybe three or four at half pay? Now you're being silly Red.

When I spied probably one of the sweetest looking couples I'd ever seen in the smoking room at Changi, it bought a lump in my throat. Both in their fifties or sixties, both Asian. She looked Thai but I could be wrong. I suspect he was Vietnamese or maybe Thai, but they seemed to be talking different languages. One seemed to be talking a lot slower so the other one could understand. The way they held each others hand, and giggled, stole cheeky glances and the odd peck on the cheek was straight out of the movies. They both couldn't wipe the smiles of their faces, and were tending to each other like newlyweds. They really looked like honeymooners. I'll never forget the looks on their faces that night, as we all pumped ourselves full of smoke.

Later I bumped into them at Tullamarine - Melbournes airport. Still as wrapped up with each other as at Changi. It reminded me of something Apple had told me. She said she has seen and heard many promises broken between young couples, especially in Phuket, and even in her home town. The most romantic thing she has even seen was older couples, who had stuck together through the years, and not strayed. An old couple holding hands in the street, or eating dinner in a restaurant - always made her smile. Lovely.

Well I did make it home, in one piece. What now? Farang Girl Friend greets me at the gates with a grand motherly peck on the cheek, asking me to promise not to be away for so long without her again. She talks of the mundane things which have been happening since I left and asks a few questions on how my holiday was. On the drive home I simply stare out the window, asking myself what I need to do next. A conundrum I have been wrestling for too long now. I've promised people I'll be back this year, and unless I can't get the time off work I intend to keep that promise. In the meantime, some big decisions have to be made - or at least acted upon.

thanks for reading folks, and helping this addict get a few things off his chest - hope to catch up next time. November looking the goods.

Red

Keep it up, decisions, decisions.

I've got the t'shirt.

I've found that so long as you what you want to do, is not too impossible, all things can be achieved. Small steps, one at a time, no going back. Quite hard at first, change is, then easy eventually.

Archived