tailor recommendation?

Ikaika

Any of you gents would be able to provide a name of a tailor, location, phone number, approx. cost US$; for a suit--coat, slacks? maybe vest? in BKK

Someone you purchased from and were very satisfied w/ the quality and results.

I'm willing to pay a little more for something made well.

Also what's the approximate completion time?

Thx

I don't have answers to all of your questions, but I've tried a few tailors and the one I like best is:

Rajawongse (Clothier by Jesse & Victor)

130 Sukhumvit Rd.

(Next to Landmark hotel and close to Nana)

0-2255-3714

jesse@loxinfo.co.th

www.dress-for-success.net

Very professional. I tink they provide good service. Good value. And they speak excellent English. They claim that they have their own tailors to make the garments, which is different from many tailors in that area.

(No, I'm not affiliated with them)

I suggest you contact them and ask directly.

I highly recommend a place called 'James Fashion International' located at 344/2-6 Sukhothai Road - Tel. 668-6990-3. I was there on April 24th.

I bought 3 tailored shirts, and 3 pairs of slacks for around $220 USD (9500 bhat). I may have been able to get a bit of a better deal, because they are willing to negiotiate. The more you buy, the better the discount.

A friend of mine bought two jackets, 4 pairs of slacks a few shirts and a few ties for 20,000 bhat.

I was quite impressed for I have a very thin frame and have a hard time finding nice dress shirts that fit properly.

They keep your sizes on record. For future orders when you are out of the country, you can request over the Internet, they send you swatches of the material, you order and they ship the clothing overseas.

They perform the highest quality work and treat their customers well.

I bought suits some years ago from tailors, but the result was never satisfactory.

Nowadays, I am buying in big department-stores. There I know, what I will get, but the fashion is different from my home country though. So, have a close look and check everything!

So where do they go??The last BK magazine issue recommends Ermenegildo Zegna custom made suits,but for 90000 baths I'll wait to be in Europe

Department stores in BKK are depressing if you go there often,all sell the same stuff.Some malls have western high end designers but they're quite more expensive than in Europe,especially you don't find discount shop

I'm looking for good tailors too and on a side note I often buy stuff from Dapper

Sorry, no idea.

When GF needed to have her uniform made, she checked out some (Thai) tailors in her neighbourhood (the ones she has been knowing for many years, every second week she has some work for them). Her colleagues recommended someone near her workplace. In the end she had it done in her hometown for one third of the price of Bangkok (2000 B for 4 jackets, 4 skirts and a couple of blouses - she provided the fabric).

This kind of Thai tailors are everywhere. They make simple clothes for ordinary Thais. But they probably have no idea about the things you want.

To be quite Frank,

I dont think a visitor to Thailand can get a decent suit at a good price, I doubt expats can get a decent suit that could go head to head with a suit procured from a decent tailor in the west.

You always get what you pay for, dont embarrass yourself back home wearing cheap suits, as Bangkok Phil is so fond of say clothes maketh the man!!

STH

i can recommend alex fashion right by the shagri-la, phone number is 02-237-3229. had a suit made there a little while back, worked in ny at the time and wore a lot of designer suits. that suit got more compliments than any other. cost was about 250/300us which is very cheap for a suit but probably a lot more than the cheapest tailors around bkk. but like anything else, you get what you pay for. also had a bunch of suits made at a tailor right by the oriental, forget the name but if you go to the hotel they know the place.

Archived