Why Do So Many Falang Think They Are The Authority On Thailand?

Shibuya

i dont really know too much about thailand, been plenty of times all over mind you. just muddle through somehow, i still get a buzz landing at bkk int :cheerleader:

I know one falang who went to Thailand to meet up again with

his Thai wife. When he stepped off the plane in Tapei, he looked

around for his wife. He panicked and called my wife who was back in the USA.

My wife told him he wasn't in Thailand but Taiwan.

She told him to get on the plane going to Bangkok.

Surprising - he did make it to Thailand.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

I know one falang who went to Thailand to meet up again with

his Thai wife. When he stepped off the plane in Tapei, he looked

around for his wife. He panicked and called my wife who was back in the USA.

My wife told him he wasn't in Thailand but Taiwan.

She told him to get on the plane going to Bangkok.

Surprising - he did make it to Thailand.

i'm not that clueless!!!!

Still, there is the verified story of a guy years ago who got on a plane in Los Angeles to go to Oakland and after a while wondered why it was taking so long and why they were over water so much. When the flight to Aukland landed in Hawaii, the airline stuck the boob on another plane back to California. :rotl:

Still, there is the verified story of a guy years ago who got on a plane in Los Angeles to go to Oakland and after a while wondered why it was taking so long and why they were over water so much. When the flight to Aukland landed in Hawaii, the airline stuck the boob on another plane back to California. :rotl:

I once managed to go to the wrong city in Japan (by train). I wanted to visit an institution which carried the name of a city, but it was actually located in a different town. doah.gifcool.gif

The Sydney stuffup is fairly well known here, but I still find that sort of thing hard to swallow. I may not know the name of every town on the planet, but I reckon I'd catch on fairly quickly that I was getting on the wrong plane. Japan would be a different hettle of fish, given that I cant read Japanese, but I seem to have survived in China.

I had a Farang colleague who thought he knew everything. He'd ridden the train north many times. One day he bought his ticket at Hua Lamphong and got on the train as usual. It wasn't until the conductor asked for his ticket that he discovered he was on the south bound train going to Hat Yai. For some reason, the north bound and south bound trains had switched tracks. If he'd bothered to read the signboard on the train he'd have known that. He had to get off and take another train back to Hua Lamphong, then wait for the evening express to Chiang Mai. ;)

Archived