Khao San Hotel Owner Killed

Horneytorney

Hi,

"Two men, including a son of a former minister, were killed and another was seriously injured."

Why include the bolded part? What difference does (should!) it make that one of them was some rich fucker?

Sanuk!

To show the level of social responsibility of the Thai Rak Thai ammart. :beer:

It was fatal collision. Cant really imagine any lifes available in those wrecks. Seeming like that GT2 run far over the speed limit. The terrible accident had occured in just a blink. Two other vehicles were involved because they unluckily shared the same traffic at the bad time.

No wonder many call 996 GT2 as "widow maker". Unlike the newer 997 which came w safety features like PASM, etc. Seeming like engineers at Stuttgart then realized how to make a better road car later on. The 996 GT2 is very tricky machine. I myself used to spot a gold 996 GT2 run into the expressway wall suddenly after leaving toll booth. Looking like its pretty difficult for average driver to handle this beast well on wet road.

The speedo being stuck at 280km is not a good indication of the his speed when he crashed. The car likely has a “black box†that recorded the speed or they can examine the faceplate of the speedo of marks that will show how fast he was going.

280km is some 175mph. As the GT2 can supposedly go some 200mph, that is getting close to the max speed and I just don’t think he could get it up to 175mph. Even if he got it up over 130mph (200+kph), it would likely be more than he could handle on that road.

As Mekong said, the Fortuner can’t make it to 200kph, so I doubt they were racing. Most likely the Porsche lost control and collected two other vehicles in the ensuing crash.

TH

Archived