Just How Freakin' Cold Is North America ?

gobbledonk

Guys, I thought 'Spring' in the snow line started somewhere in April - check out this May update from Tyll Herstens somewhere in the frozen north:

May Update

He appears to be wearing a Goretex jacket and those trees have about 15 leaves on them - wtf ? Today was a gorgeous 25 deg C here in 'late Autumn' - I dont know how you guys cope with so many cold months. Probably explained why so many people descend on LOS from the snow belt each year.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i gather NE USA gets cold with bad winters and places like Washington state and many other states.

my uncle lives in South Dakota in the Midwest and i have certainly experienced the extremes of weather they have.

one day i was lazing in the sun,just reading a book with a few beers and i got badly burnt.

4 days later i drove through a snow blizzard with over 4 feet of snow falling within 2 hours...i was amazed.

visited an ancient Native American site for the Day and shit,it was cold.

turned out to be the coldest Easter Weekend in the area since records began.

when it snows in his little town his 14 y.o. son has a good little business.

he clears peoples properties of snow and ice and last winter he earnt over 900$.

but now where he lives it is exceeding record temps and a lot of things going on.

cattle are dying,people are dying and crops showing signs of failure.

where i live we have kinda warm days during the summer,but not always guaranteed.

a lot of rain as experinced in the last week or so but where i live i rarely see really bad weather in the winter.

yes we get snow and it does get very cold at times but nothing really to derail any plans i have on a daily basis.

i don't really have a problem with rain,snow or a cold still day.

it's the really cold wind that i hate,which goes straight through you no matter how much you wrap up.

i remamber in Holland a few Years ago being locked out of my hotel room on my hotel balcony in just a pair of boxer shorts when a cold snap was happening.

i was there there for almost an hour and i have never been so cold in my life.

British guys performing geography exercises on US! please focus on the question whether Buckinghamshire or Berkshire is closer to London!

I don't give a daffy duck, I know where my home city is and it ain't down south

Sigh.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maine

In January 2009, a new record low temperature for the state was set at Big Black River of −50 °F (−46 °C)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overlook_Hotel

The_Overlook_Hotel.jpg

Offer me a hundred million baht to stay there for a single Winter, snowed in with nothing bar my demons for company, and I wouldnt do it. A hundred million anything wouldnt convince me to stay there for six solid months. Screw northern Maine.

Archived