Two Britons Arrested For Atm Heists

Flashermac

Two British men arrested for trying to steal ATMs from three banks in Chon Buri province have admitted they tried to copy a robbery depicted in the Hollywood action movie "Fast Five", chief of Chon Buri police said on Friday.

The suspects, Alexander Milbourn, 25, and Shaun Edward Tracy, 34, were nabbed on Thursday after they and another unidentified Briton, who is still at large, allegedly attempted to yank ATMs out of the wall at three bank branches in Si Racha district, using nylon ropes attached to a car, Pol Maj Gen Jamnong Rattanakul told a news conference

In all three attempted robberies, the men were able to tear the ATMs out of the building wall in the early hours of the morning, but failed to open them and take any money out before fleeing because the banks’ alarms were activated and local residents had been woken up.

Police seized from them two nylon slings, four metal hooks, a Nissan sedan and a Nissan pickup truck.

The latest attempted ATM theft was at the Bank of Ayudhya’s Pak Ruam Intersection branch on early Thursday morning.

Mr Milbourn and Mr Tracy allegedly told police they had been living in Thailand for more than 10 years but did not have jobs. They decided to commit the crime after they had run out of money.

They said they had tried to emulate a robbery committed by the main characters in the “Fast Five†movie, who in one scene used two Dodge Challengers to drag a huge vault from a building wall.

My link

Bought unstuck because the hardware bozos remembered Farang buying the rope. Definitely something to be said for the anonymity of online purchases, but I guess when the urge to start tearing ATMs out of the wall strikes you cant just sit around waiting for a courier. :banghead:

I'm sure there are worse places than Thailand to do hard time for attempted robbery, but I imagine that they just shoot you in Juarez, Kabul or Pyongyang.

Idiots.

Bought unstuck because the hardware bozos remembered Farang buying the rope. Definitely something to be said for the anonymity of online purchases, but I guess when the urge to start tearing ATMs out of the wall strikes you cant just sit around waiting for a courier. :banghead:

I'm sure there are worse places than Thailand to do hard time for attempted robbery, but I imagine that they just shoot you in Juarez, Kabul or Pyongyang.

Idiots.

And they failed to realize, that all over Asia a Farang is sticking out of the masses, whatever he does....

chinaman.gif

Idiots.

Have you seen the guards who sit outside of gold shops in Malaysia? All are armed with sawn off shotguns loaded with buckshot! :p

Archived