Thai Hypocrisy At It's Best

Mekong

Hi,

And how would you justify double pricing at privately owned themeparks?

Sanuk!

Like NEP, you mean? Hmm. Maybe because there's a price to be paid for having middle-aged farang men stand around and ogle the girls on the water-ride? (the only theme-park example that came to mind... girls, water, t-shirts...)

I go to my fall-back justification response: why do dogs lick their balls?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

because they can .....?

That's my view: because they can! As long as there's no legal or cultural reasons not to [overcharge farang - not lick balls], might as well do it if you can! I remember back in the day I used to try to be so compliant with Thai cultural norms, avoiding conflict and the truth, saving face for whoever, and so on. As the years go by, and after living and working in country after country where I've been expected to follow the various unwritten cultural rules, I'm tired, tired of that shit. Much more refreshing - even if not exactly convenient - to just be direct, within reason... Doesn't hurt, I think, that ten years ago I was always somewhere near the low man on the totem pole - at least amongst the internationals/the farang - but I've been moving slowly up that ladder, and now have the luxury of choosing to do things my way, and letting the others align themselves with my approach!

YimSiam

Archived