Electronics Hobbyist Shops In Thailand ?

gobbledonk

NPE Nattaphong http://www.npe.co.th/web_npe/show_class.php?group_no=GP03 have a good selection of stuff both at their Ban Moh and Zeer outlets, not sure if they have other places.

Ban Moh is one whole electronics sub section of China town. Feel free to ask for a quick tour, I'd be happy to show you around.

Westech is another one www.wt.com good selection of parts and some surface mount stuff as well.

Amorn do some parts but mostly domestic electronic repairs and parts.

Chokchai and EPS in Ban Moh are two others.

A day spent doing Ban Moh will find you pretty much all you could want to set up a small electronics manufacturing facility.

Probably more available in one short taxi ride from Suk than you will find in many other cities.

You need to walk around the Baan Moh area around Chinatown for electronics. I've seen hobby kits and stuff at Amorn, and Nattapong (http://www.mynpe.com/). A lot of small shops around there also sell stuff like that. Klong Thom does have a smattering of these shops, but more for accessories like lighting and automotive accessories. Lots of street stalls, a bit like a flea market, gets very crowded weekends.

I lose entire weekends just roaming around there :).

I lose entire weekends just roaming around there :).

Me too. After the T&A of Nana or Cowboy, it's the next most fun part of town :-)

Ban Moh factoid.

The food court upstairs in the old Siam theatre building does jugs of Singha draft all day, cute beer girls, and they have karaoke where you get to watch, and listen, as ageing toothless Thai men serenade (or not) their equally ageing grandmother of choice for that day. It's like a pick up joint for pensioners! It's Bangkok, it's bizarre!

Dude, next time I'm in town, possibly first half of September, you're on.

Would be my pleasure. Early September might be tough, I have a Korea project possibly then, but if we can make it fit then great. Always up for a mooch in that part of town.

Thanks guys, but I dont see myself sitting in the food court ! The rest of that experience sounds great - I'll just have to forego the aging Romeos. The only old guy I need to see get lucky stares listlessly at me from the mirror each morning. :patty:

Got to agree, it's almost one of those things you wish you could un-see.

Thanks guys, but I dont see myself sitting in the food court ! The rest of that experience sounds great - I'll just have to forego the aging Romeos. The only old guy I need to see get lucky stares listlessly at me from the mirror each morning. :patty:

Got to agree, it's almost one of those things you wish you could un-see.

Archived