Do Europeans Binge Drink ?

gobbledonk

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fins are usually very quiet. A fin who speaks more than 5 short sentences per day is considered a chatterbox!

I met many Norwegians during university. Actually I lived in a flat together with a Norwegian girl and my 'best' friend was a Norwegian girl too. They really know how to enjoy life, they made fun events out of the most boring situation. They did the best parties. Alcohol of course was available, but not necessary for to have fun. I remember sitting with the two Norwegian girls at a train station, and It was cold, the train late and I was in a really in bad mood. I mean what can you do in such a situation, except being grumpy and bored? Until the girls started to show me Norwegian folk dances/songs on the train platform...

But mostly when Norwegian guys arrived freshly from their homecountry some of them got drunk every weekend for the first months. I think they had to made up with what they missed at home.

I guess the people of the smaller North-West European countries (Netherlands and up north) people are much more open to the world in young age (they usually speak at least three languages for example) and they experience a lot and let off steam during their youth/university time. With this you can be more relaxed at older age.

don't you? or just German and English?

That's why I wrot "at least". In contrary to this for example the French or Italians are known to speak just one or two languages.

PS: Besides German I have learnt English, Latin, Italian and Japanese and I am planning to learn Thai in the near future.

Not a lot of native Latin speakers about these days, even in ROME ! :neener:

Interesting that Europeans dont put time into learning Russian unless they are, ahem, forced to. Poland has been in the 'wrong place' at so many 'wrong times' - Churchill doesnt have a particularly large fan club in that part of the world. Stunning women with grim childhood memories - never a good combination. I only have one rule - stay away from dating sites which are frequented by women from Eastern Europe..... and north-eastern Thailand, of course.

The horror, the horror ....

Single Baltic Ballbuster Ladies

Not a lot of native Latin speakers about these days, even in ROME ! :neener:

Interesting that Europeans dont put time into learning Russian unless they are, ahem, forced to. Poland has been in the 'wrong place' at so many 'wrong times' - Churchill doesnt have a particularly large fan club in that part of the world. Stunning women with grim childhood memories - never a good combination. I only have one rule - stay away from dating sites which are frequented by women from Eastern Europe..... and north-eastern Thailand, of course.

The horror, the horror ....

Single Baltic Ballbuster Ladies

East Germans (former communist part of Germany) had to learn Russian. It's an advantage if you are interested in Russia (business and/or women). Also from Berlin to the Polish border it's just 1 1/2 hours by car... - I was recently in Krakow/Poland and the women are real beauties.

PS: I needed Latin for my Master at university. Today I have forgotten 99.9 % since I never used it again.

That's why I wrot "at least". In contrary to this for example the French or Italians are known to speak just one or two languages.

PS: Besides German I have learnt English, Latin, Italian and Japanese and I am planning to learn Thai in the near future.

...or like us Yanks...we don't speak any language!!! 55555555555555555555 :dunno:

I still remember a lot; and it helps me to understand italian and spanish

Precisely. Its still the language of science, medicine, Christianity, horticulture and the US Marines. Ok, that last one is probably stretching it .... (I know you guys know this stuff, but it gives me an excuse to keep breathing till 2014).

Latin is still used in the creation of new words in modern languages of many different families, including English, and in biological taxonomy. Latin and its daughter Romance languages are the only surviving languages of the Italic language family.

Latin

Romance languages

Archived