Do Europeans Binge Drink ?

gobbledonk

Precisely. Its still the language of science, medicine, Christianity, horticulture and the US Marines. Ok, that last one is probably stretching it .... (I know you guys know this stuff, but it gives me an excuse to keep breathing till 2014).

Latin is still used in the creation of new words in modern languages of many different families, including English, and in biological taxonomy. Latin and its daughter Romance languages are the only surviving languages of the Italic language family.

Latin

Romance languages

I only when started to learn Latin I finally began to understand the rules of German grammar. spin.gif

PS: for me it was clear that I never will do anything which involves extensive use of languages and/or intensive writing, since I was terrible at both back at school. Now it's my main job to write in English and occasionally to publish essays, press releases, blog posts e.g. either in English or German....

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading the history, we are all Danes. I wouldn't understand much in the area that is now Schleswig-Holstein in Northern Germany, but then I wouldn't understand much in a pub in Dublin either, and I sure as hell don't understand more than 2 or 3 words out of a Glaswegian's mouth.

Who knew that we would eventually get some of our own back on those Viking hordes ?

Mary - Crown Princess of Denmark

All the way from the colonies, and Hobart was pure penal colony from day one. She seems a lot happier than Di, but that's not setting the bar too high. :o

i like a binge every now and then.

back at home i rarely visit a pub,but like a bottle of wine on occasions.

but on holiday things are different.....

i know people get the impression from my F/R's that i drink 40 beers every day and get blind drunk everday,but the truth is much different.

i can visit a bar but not have to have alcohol or drink very slowly,quite easy really.

just because someone says they visit a bar does not mean they get legless.

but on occasions i just feel the urge to have a blowout and just have a good drink.

is that wrong?.

yes, that is a matter of missing discipline, Mr. Sayjann! :nono:

nothing against the good intention to have some drinks when socializing or even get totally drunk by intention, but let yourself drift to your urge means you do not have yourself under control!

discipline..... :dunno:

yes you have to have it when going about your everyday life,work and maybe family commitments.

but why not go on holiday and enjoy a drink every now and then if you do drink?.

loss of control?...... :hmmm:

i cannot remember when the last time was that i went out for a night out since i got home in June(too expensive in the UK).

a shared bottle of wine on occasian or the odd can of beer hardly means you have lost control.

it seems people seem to think i lose control when on holiday....

perhaps next time i will curb my intake of coffee(which i drink far more then alcohol)and of course not take taks any ladies to my room as 1 a day might be considered excessive and a 'binge'.

sayjarn not every post about alcohol or women is aimed at what you did or didn't do while on holidays.

I think there's a scratch in the vinyl

I remember remarks by board members about some trips when they were drunk constantly. I guess that's not binge drinking. drinking.gif It sounds more like episodic drinking to me (might be a sign of alcoholism). IMHO a bad way to spend a holiday.

I don't drink that much when in LOS, only a few beers at night, but usually there are 1-2 nights that I get drunk. - usually when having a lot of fun with the girls and giving away a lot of LDs...

Anyway, each to his own - as long other drunk guys don't become too annoying to me.

my post was aimed at that but I think that too!

That makes 3 of us - time to harden up a little, sayjann. I certainly didn't start this post with you in mind. If I had to nominate the BMs that I suspect drink to excess, it would go a lot like this:

1. Fiery Jack - by his own admission

2. Dumsoda - lucky bastard

3. Mekong - might be past tense, but I sense that he has sunk a few in his day

The rest of us can only aspire to that level of intoxication. :evilpumpkin:

Archived