Cannot Load Windows On To Laptop?

cavanami

I ran tests and checks up the giggie...all look OK.

Memory, OK.

Hard disk, OK.

Seems like the CPU can address all the memory during the memory tests...soooo, something on the motherboard?

Like I said...strange...is Carlton around????

If you decide to replace the MB, you may want to reset the cmos on the existing MB first to see if it's still good and just needs resetting; also, remove the MB battery for a minute and then replace it. Before I buy a new MB, I would also put a new battery in the MB. That could be it also -- a dead MB battery. Replacing the processor is another option.

I ran tests and checks up the giggie...all look OK.

Memory, OK.

Hard disk, OK.

Seems like the CPU can address all the memory during the memory tests...soooo, something on the motherboard?

Like I said...strange...is Carlton around????

If you decide to replace the MB, you may want to reset the cmos on the existing MB first to see if it's still good and just needs resetting; also, remove the MB battery for a minute and then replace it. Before I buy a new MB, I would also put a new battery in the MB. That could be it also -- a dead MB battery. Replacing the processor is another option.

• 4 weeks later...

Battery OK, as it is holding all the setup data.

The young lady picked up the lap top a few days ago, still not working. I suggested she take it to Pan Tip and let them have a go at it.

...and she would come to the house, everytime, wearing the "jet shorts"...where you can see the cockpit :hubbahubba::sex:

...of course, I would supply some nice brandy while we discussed the problems... :rolleyes:

• 5 weeks later...

Archived