a short refresher

Its been awhile since I used Thai, I'm going to be retruning and its more of a business trip than anything, I'm going to be looking to buy jade whole sale. so a refrsher please on

Thai word for :

Jade

Wholesale

Antique

Thanx/Khap Koon Mak Khap

Dentface

Dear Dentface,

Hello my name is Boon Kittipongsarangsaranna. Have you ever seen such a long last name before? Thai names can be very long so we usually just give each other short nicknames. You can just call me B. I read your message on this forum today and am happy to hear about your upcoming trip. I wanted to let you know that I would be glad to assist you with your Thai and also with your buying. I have much experience with the Thai jade market. I have been in the business for decades. My father and his father have been selling jade in Thailand for over 100 years now. My grandfather came from China a long time ago and brought with him the ancient secrets of jade production. Did you know Thailand has some of the finest and least expensive jade in the world? Yes, we do and you can buy some of the finest pieces in my Bangkok shop. There is more good news for you, too. The day you are coming to Thailand is a national holiday. In Thai we call the day "Keekong falang". On this day, we will be celebrating your arrival and all of the previous foreigners who have visited Thailand. In addition to the traditional celebrations there is something even better. This day has been proclaimed a national tax holiday by the authorities. This means the price of your jade will be even cheaper! When you arrive in Thailand I will meet you at the airport and have a car waiting. After you leave the baggage claim carousel look for me. I will be the man jumping up and down, smiling, and holding the big sign saying "Welcome Mr.Dent Face".

Yours,

Boon Kittipongsarangsaranna

laugh.gif LOL

If you miss him at the airport, a tuk tuk driver will take you to his shop for 10 baht, just after the tailors and the gold shop.

Archived