Want To Fly Delta Airlines?

cavanami

Marine Double-amputee’s Treatment on Delta Flight Angers Other Vets

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/she-the-people/wp/2012/12/13/marine-double-amputee-gets-help-from-fellow-vets-angered-by-delta-airlines-treatment/

On Dec. 13, 2011, Marine Lance Cpl. Christian Brown was leading his squad on a foot patrol in Afghanistan’s Helmand province when he stepped on an explosive device that blew off both his legs, one above the knee, the other below his hip. He also lost part of his right index finger.

Last Sunday, almost exactly a year since those grievous injuries forced him to learn to walk on two successive pairs of prosthetic legs, Brown was “humiliated†to the point of tears on a Delta flight from Atlanta to Washington after being clumsily wheeled to the back row of the plane, according to a complaint sent to the airline by an outraged fellow passenger.

Worse yet, according to retired Army Col. Nickey Knighton’s detailed “customer care†report to Delta, efforts by several fellow vets to shift Brown from coach to a first class seat offered by another flyer, were rebuffed by the crew. Flight attendants insisted no one could move through the cabin because the doors were being closed for takeoff, she wrote.

AZZHOLE AIRLINE CREW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whilst the crew could of been more sympathetic not to mention that they're the ambassadors for the airlne, we cant judge Delta as a whole given the size of the company. Additionally, we do not know what aircraft he was travelling on and may have been moved to the back of the plane for safety issues. Lastly, if this really was a big issue, why didn't the customer complain himself - perhaps he thought his treatment was acceptable. Need to know the whole story.

Acceptable to him???

"...Brown was “humiliated†to the point of tears on a Delta flight..."

Doesn't sound acceptable to me!

These air dictators need to be taken down a notch or twelve!!!

Too bad they are not given 'proper' handicap/disable person training - if they did have such training and a working consciousness, this would not have happened..

Many, many years ago, Delta was the best US airline flying.

That was then and this is now.

In 2004, after a JFK-LAX run, in First Class (standby upgrade), I made a decision that I would NEVER fly Delta again, if I had a choice. A few years ago, going home for Christmas, I found myself Rule 240'd to Delta, after winter storms closed DFW. I learned that Delta was still Delta and nothing had changed to make me reconsider that decision.

• 3 weeks later...

Acceptable to him???

"...Brown was “humiliated†to the point of tears on a Delta flight..."

Doesn't sound acceptable to me!

These air dictators need to be taken down a notch or twelve!!!

...According to the passenger who made the complaint!!!

Archived