Reasonable Laundry On Suk --

JaiRai

That is true sir. And I think your post was made in good spirit. Whatever my mates have accused me of in the past - being a tightwad wasn't one of the things. Was lucky enough to fall into a good contract job a few years ago that allowed me to save enough to walk away and travel for a year or two, with a decent budget.

I think... I'm trying to be smarter. That and pride. Just don't want to blow it all too frivolously in an accelerated time span like a weekend in Vegas. Also trying to get the lay of the land and get a feel for value beyond tourist value. Eg, I don't want to be the sucka in the room. There's a school out there that would say that is not possible if you live on sukhumwit. Probably true. Will only be here for 6 months and then migrating out.

It might be an exercise in futility, but fuck it. Ya know?

:)

And still - the question remains - decent places for laundry on suk where you aren't paying absurd (by thailand standards) prices.

Does that mean that you have to stretch your budget for another 16 months on Soi 13 ? The irony of that wont be lost on some long-suffering BM's - by the time the taxi takes you back to Suk, I should have enough hangovers under my belt to reconsider coss' generous offer to save me from Pattaya with all the Beer Lao (and Lao women) a man could possibly hope to, ahem, meet. My countdown is very close to your countdown - late April 2014 vs May, but what's a couple of weeks ? Its the 15 months between now and then that shit me, but I take solace from the fact that it will mean an end to the dreaded 'time to get on the plane and return to reality' trip back to the airport.

Apparently there's a fine line between pleasure and pain - enjoy every minute, you lucky bastard. ;)

So far I've been out exactly every single night since relocating to Soi 13. Hmmmm. Till July at this apartment, then 3 months Chiang Mai/Chiang Rai, then??? Not sure. You know what I'm dreading now - returning to the grind. Have that fear somewhere at the back of my mind, lurking. To cross post and address another thread --> I'll tell you when the good ole days are, the good ole days are now.

The good ole days are tonight.

Don't change your plans or back out GD. Best of luck.

MM - I'm probably one of the most over dressed guys in BKK (and I don't mean dressed up, just a tad inappropriate for the weather), wearing corduroy pants and a button up shirt half the time, haha. I can't help it man. I see those awful tourist shorts and chang singlets and just cringe. But for the grace of god there go I.......

JaiRai, just do what Sayjann does. Don't wear any underwear or socks and wash what you do wear in your bath. Simples.

easy for me.

don't wear underwear in the UK and don't need socks in hot climates.

i know not on Suk but when on Phuket i use a laundry 2 doors from my hotel and ready to collect within 3 hours.

quick and cheap.

Archived