Rip Eyebee

khunsanuk

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always sad, when someone good is upped and gone. Truly sad.

Dunno whether I had the good fortune to have met the feller in question or not, but he was whistling the same tune as most of us, clearly, so god bless his every step now. We are with him as he goes and as he strays and as he stays. And he will stay. :beer:

jack :help:

I think the gals will miss him the most, he was a true gentleman with them, and pretty much any one else who crossed his path.

My understanding is there has been a small shrine made to him in one of his fav bars, where the girls make offerings every evening,

If there is an after life or ghosts, I hope he's sitting in a empty stool, enjoying the fun!

Been away for a while and the first post I saw when I logged on was this one.

I never met Eyebee but having seen his picture today, I've seen him multiple times over the past 10 years in Pattaya.

It was clear over the years on the board that we had a common bond in our love for this place, Pattaya.

I will celebrate his life and memory this evening in a way I'm sure he would approve.....

RIP Eyebee

A nice funeral/cremation was done for Eyebee in Bangkok this past Saturday afternoon. Lots of old friends and family there to celebrate Eyebee's life and friendship. A sad day, but fun and great to see everyone there that could make it. Wednesday afternoon his ashes were spread over Pattaya bay by friends and family from a motor boat. We'll all miss a wonderful man who brought laughter, friendship and joy to many people over the years. Goodbye friend. You'll be thought of often.

• 3 weeks later...

A nice funeral/cremation was done for Eyebee in Bangkok this past Saturday afternoon. Lots of old friends and family there to celebrate Eyebee's life and friendship. A sad day, but fun and great to see everyone there that could make it. Wednesday afternoon his ashes were spread over Pattaya bay by friends and family from a motor boat. We'll all miss a wonderful man who brought laughter, friendship and joy to many people over the years. Goodbye friend. You'll be thought of often.

Aye Cent. T'was a good day, all things considered. I was happy to see y'all, and happy to open up the condo for the wake. Which doth led to some 'splainin' to Mrs Ashby as to why farangs did that (it was actually only her 2nd funeral she attended, the first being her Dad). She still didn't really get it, but my final pitch of teaching her -- "It is no use to be sad as it is over. We prefer to celebrate the deceased's life and the gifts that person has given us." -- finally got her up to speed and indeed, full agreement.

And ya, I'm still kicking about here. Some of you know me, maybe by other handles or names, even tho' I've not even looked at the board in over a year. So: "Hi y'all!" Prolly won't be back here any time soon (but who knows?), however IB's passing was a moment to look at some boards for his eulogies. A finer man you could not know and I am glad others felt the same.

Cheers,

Ashby (still am full on when I go out, which are few nights nowadays; but I dare ya to keep up LOL!)

Archived