April May Touch 43 Degrees

Here in the northeast USA, it has been unseasonably cool with some light snow a couple of weeks ago. At the moment, the temperatures here are around 10 degrees Celsius. Last year, it was considerably warmer. I guess you can not predict with certainty that year-over-year global warming will result in hotter months. Consequently, I have no idea of what the coming months will be like...

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(yes, I checked the date before posting this ...)

Those with long memories will recall that I pegged April as the worst month to visit LOS because of:

a. the heat

b. Songkran

Sadly, I dont expect Malaysia to be any cooler when my plane lands in April next year, but at least I can avoid Songkran. I dont know how you guys put up with it, particularly as the bucket-toting idiots seem to have zero concept of the threat they pose to motorbike riders and others.

Just checked the 2014 calendar, and it's clear that it futile to land in BKK before May 6, but it looks like a clean slate right through till August from that point forward - perfect for the kind of no-pants partying I plan to be doing down Pattaya way. I guess I'll just have to take comfort in the arms of women elsewhere for 3 weeks or so - tough life.

http://portalseven.com/calendar/Holidays_Thailand.jsp?year=2014

I'm confident that I can avoid Songkran in 2015 - anything beyond that is too far into the future for even my incredibly attractive crystal balls ! ;)

Happened again last night, second time in a couple of weeks ... BLACKOUT! When it gets so damned hot, all the Thais with a/c think ... "Gosh, lets turn every a/c in the house down to 10C and see what happens." What happens is they overload the system and the entire neighbourgood gets to sit in the dark and sweat! :cussing::banghead:

This time it was more of a "brown-out' than a blackout. There was actually enough electricity flowing to light one solitary bulb, which glowed faintly like a candle in a cave. Not enough power to move the blades of an electric fan though. Thailand is not quite ready for the 19th century, let alone the 21st. :(

Archived