Would You 'lose' English After 44 Years In Vn ?

gobbledonk

I really think the only way someone would forget their first language would be if they suffered brain damage, which would not be out of the question in this guy's case. But unless he figured out to switch his DNA and get fingerprint transplants, I guess it is out of the question. This wasn't passing the smell test even before that though.

<< Someone else familiar with Ngoc's story is Lieutenant Colonel Todd Emoto (Ret.) commander of the Joint Prisoner of War Accounting Command in Hanoi from 2008 to 2010.

"In the two years I oversaw that office there were at least half-a-dozen investigations into the [Ngoc] case," Emoto told Business Insider in a phone interview from his home in Washington.

Even though a case has already been looked into and found baseless, the U.S. government mandates that a fresh investigation be initiated "every single time, no matter what," Emoto said.

"I mean this guy was a frequent flier at our office," the colonel said, his voice rising. "It totally blows my mind that he's gotten this far. He forgot how to speak English and his kid's names? Who falls for that?"

Emoto said the ruse of impersonating a missing servicemember is a common guise used in Vietnam to rob tourists of their cash. >>

http://www.businessinsider.com/john-hartley-robertson-fraud-unclaimed-2013-5

I'm crap at my first language, an old girlfriend from Hong Kong who came to Australia about 8 or so, didn't do well at school, then one day burst into tears about 19, when we was in the car together,

I not speking Engrish good and I forget to speaking chinese good, I not speak ANYTHING, i not have alanguage any more/

Seems she had forgotten her Cantanese, and never learnt English well.

Archived