51 Dead - Incl 20 Children - In Oklahoma City Tornado

gobbledonk

I've seen a fair number of twisters, even had one pass right over me - but 2 miles wide? :eek:

My sister's neighbour was killed in one in the 1990s at a shopping mall I'd been to 20 minutes earlier. Picked up the guy's car and hurled it into a dept store, then the roof of the building caved in on him. His son was seated next to him and had only minor injuries. Wife and daughter in the rear seat hardly even scratched.

My wife and I was unloading at a gas rig site, yesterday in just south of Stillwater, Ok.

They were rigging the crane for the lift and lighting was starting to fly in the sky.

We got word there was a tornado that hit and then we get the word there might be one near us.

We got the sub section off and got into our truck and waitied it out..

My thoughts and prayers for the kids and adults who lost their lives.

Some of our guys were going towards Oklahoma city when the strom hit.

They are safe.

I've seen a fair number of twisters, even had one pass right over me - but 2 miles wide? :eek:

i remember seeing a couple in Iowa one year and was impressed and in awe of the sight of the things.

soon put in my place after oohing and arring when people i was with said they were small ones and nothing much to really worry about unless they hit big populated areas which are few and far between in Iowa.

but i was impressed.

I knew an 80 year old man who lived in his family's 150 year old farm house, with the old log barns and corn cribs right behind it. A tornado passed through one day, and I saw his photo on the front page of the local paper. His head was bloodied and his home was reduced to splinters, completely destroyed along with almost everything in it. The outbuildings were untouched.

A buddy and I drove to Nashville a couple of days after a small twister hit southern Tennessee. We passed a women's undergarment factory that had been destroyed. The trees for about a kilometer around it were festooned with bras and panties. :p

On a 40' cat in the sea off Auckland with a few mates and some IT guys from America, whom we were treating to some fishing, we saw a water spout (Tornado over water) that we estimated at 200 metres across at the base. We ascertained it's direction of travel and set a course in the opposite direction. As it happened, it petered out 10 minutes later, but we kept going, putting a large island between us and that area.

Why We Can't Forget That Oklahoma's Senators Voted Against Sandy Relief

"What Shuster and others are stating is fact. Coburn and Inhofe were two of the 36 Senators who voted against giving victims of Hurricane Sandy what turned out to be $60 billion. Inhofe and Coburn, as HuffPo's Christina Wilkie pointed out, backed a measure to slash disaster relief to Sandy victims by some $27 billion. In December, Coburn's office released a statement defending the vote by saying that the bill contained "wasteful spending." But that bill wasn't their only shot fired at disaster spending. Wilkie adds:

In 2011, both senators opposed legislation that would have granted necessary funding for FEMA when the agency was set to run out of money. Sending the funds to FEMA would have been "unconscionable," Coburn said at the time.

The point here is that these Senators, by their votes, did not show compassion to victims of disaster and have a long history of voting that way. So now, with disaster on their own state's doorstep, are these Senators."

LINK

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Archived