Activate Microsoft Office?

Flashermac

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just installed MS Office Suite, legal copy.

The 25 characters product key is used before installation. It came in an email and is not printed on the sleeve or DVD. On the package it even says "locate your 25 characters product key".

After installing it, when I first invoked MS tool "MS Office Picture Manager" to view pictures, it said "This copy of MS Office has not been activated. Press "Acivate" to activate it now".

And that was it. Activated, no keys or IDs.

I guess, by activating it, it checks over the net if the copy with the product key used to install it had been purchased (mine was) and that is how I went without anything.

If it had not been purchased (installed by PC manufacturer as a 30 days trial), it bugs you to activate and then you need a credit card.

My PC actually came with MS Office 2010 preinstalled but wiped it out and installed my own copy (theirs was in Japanese).

So was Google Reader. Some people (journalists in particular, to have news displayed on mobile devices) based their work on it and then puff.

Free product, you have never been a customer, no obligations.

That's apples to oranges.

Reader had serious copyrighted content problems. In a phrase, CNN and MSNBC and their like nuked it: sued and threat of being sued out of existence more because it took traffic away from the home sites than the actual content itself.

Archived