moist eyes on departure

pattaya127

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first trip home was not so bad because i did not realise what terrible nothingness awaited me on my return. A mate met me at the airport with a copy of "hello my big big honey" and said "you better read this". It has got to the point now that in a small way I dread going to LOS beause I know i will have to leave again.

It was my fourth visit last year. Did not want my bg to see me off.

As with many others, my last hours were in the lounge at Don Muang.

Managed to kill 2 bottles of free champagne, sitting in the corner and listening to my CD player, a song we both loved and that marked that trip. In "repeat", mode, one single song, over and over again.

I was trying to hide my emotions but some people must had noticed me sniffing more often that usual.

We were still in the same town. While I was sitting there like scrambled egg, she was in an Internet cafee, explaining her 7-days unavailability to other guys - "I am back from my hometown, you can call me". On the floor, next to her ankle, was a bag. "Sony" written on it. With a CD player and small loudspeakers I brought for her.

Would it have been easier had I known what was she on about? No. I would have played that very same song for 2 hours in the lounge and 9 hours on the plane. And thousands times after that.

TTM,

Yours is one of the most heart-rending accounts of something so many of us have gone through, and something I hope never to go through again. I suspect that an updated version of 'Big, Big Honey' could do a lot worse than including your post, verbatim. THIS is what keeps me coming back to this board - shared experiences that transcend the banality of much of our lives in Farangland.

I know that GTG and several of the more hardened board members laugh at those of us who become emotional about our time with BG's, but that doesnt make the pain any less real. Reading your other recent thread, it seems that you are really going through a bit of a rough spot at the moment : hang in there.

I know that GTG and several of the more hardened board members laugh at those of us who become emotional about our time with BG's, but that doesnt make the pain any less real

--------------------------

a good balance of payment may be enough for them to make a trip successful. these emotions are worth all the S/Ts in the world, IMO. As for GTG, if she feels this way (i am not sure), well, she'll never know.... BTW, It's not Bgs only.

"And you know what? i am crying now..... "

You big girl. Men should never cry, except perhaps when their favourite football team is relegated and even then, a 10-second long trembling of the top lip is preferable.

I even had a Thai girl tell me that she hated to see men cry, because it was so unmanly and that if she ever say me do it, she'd kill me. (The same girl fainted when she said goodbye to me at the airport, by the way.)

However, I can understand that one might feel a bit sad on the day of departure. I used to feel a little downhearted myself. But after about the fifth time, I hit on the solution.

(****) accompanied by an afternoon with a bottle of mekong soon did the trick. Then you have to get your rocks off just before the taxi comes. Trust me..

artiew: I know that GTG and several of the more hardened board members laugh at those of us who become emotional about our time with BG's

To them I say ookhaak dee gwaa rak mai pen.

Archived