moist eyes on departure

pattaya127

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But are you guys crying because you're leaving Thailand, leaving the girl you've been with for a few days, or both???

Sure, I can understand being sad at leaving Thailand, but why get attached to your BG?? I understand that a lot of guys come here and take a girl for a period of time for companionship as much as the sex, but out of how many guys who say goodbye to their BG's who are upset, how many of those BG's really (and I mean REALLY) care about the guy apart from his wallet? (Or by now, what WAS in it!) I wouldn't mind betting that a couple of hours after shedding her "tears" at Don Muang that she's back in the bar with some other "handsome" man. As I said, I understand how someone can get attached to a dark-skinned, smiling princess, but remember....its business to them! Maybe we should look at it as more of a "business deal" than a "relationship". I guess that's hard when so many guys come here for the companionship as well. Sorry to sound cynical... just how I feel. I think having a GTG as a girlfriend doesn't help my outlook either. Sorry if I offended anyone, but as I said, just how I feel.

i think you misunderstand what's behind the tears. And i think you put Bgs on too high a trollop piedestal, all smiles. i do not think their situation is one of winners, never mind how many customers they can string in a week, there will always be a price to pay for it, and i think that many guys leaving have this in mind, and it can be a tormenting thought, this girl who is going back to such a life, burning her youth in some dark clubs, from guy to guy, and there is so little you can do about it, because there are so many of them, and they may have no idea what you're talking about, but hell if you don't know that even this is a sorry thought. If thailand hits you the right way, it's not just that girl, but a kaleidoscope of emotions, sensations, bewilderements, places that just being at the airport brings in perspective. before you were going thru it, now it's starting to all come back, almost like the proverbial life recount before death. If you have these emotions, they are real, yours, personal, no matter what this girl does after, and you feel some sorrow but blessed that in this life, you were given to feel and discover with your eyes, with your body, with your heart, a place called Thailand. believe me, what can be recalled behind a girl's name can be much greater than the sound of its single syllable, or her pretty face. At this height, GTG, BG, BBBJ, XYZ... these diminutive don't have much currency.

The tears have long gone but I always find when I get into the meter taxi for the final ride to don muang find myself reflecting on the events of the trip .Particuly if I am going past some familier haunts like NEP.The taxi is waiting at the lights,everything seems to be in a different light.It gets a bit eerie for my liking.Very sereal.And before I know it I am back in farang land and nothing has changed one damn bit.

P127,

I think the thing about my Thai experience (and the thing that keeps bringing me back here) is that I cant explain many of the things that you have (quite eloquently) described in this thread to anyone else. Regardless of how much or little a BG values the time we spend with them, reality dictates that they must return to the bar and the next client. We get to sit out at the airport (only hospitals depress me more) while she is turning that 100 megawatt smile on some unsuspecting punter. It makes a great case for S/T only ....

Even the guys I know (here in Oz) who have been to Thailand seem to know nothing beyond Patpong (the pingpong show - yawn ..) and cheap suits. I am astounded that they could fly out of the place without being fundamentally touched by its magic. For all my promises never to set foot in Thailand again, I cant deny its inexorable pull. Now lets see, what's the flight time from Hong Kong again ? smile.gif

Max,

You are probably aghast that a regular on the Board would make such a statement, but I see Thailand as a double-edged sword. A roller-coaster ride, and I'm not willing to pay the price for the highs and lows. I WOULD like to return as a happily married man someday, and just enjoy Thailand without the need to hook up with a BG.

Till then, this board is as close as I dare to come to the LOS. I salute those who can ride the roller coaster and jump off smiling - prior posts would seem to indicate that I'm not the only one who suffers at the end of the wildest ride on the planet smile.gif

Archived