moist eyes on departure

pattaya127

I think the journey by taxi to the airport is the worst, particularly at night for some reason.

Believe me, it don't matter whether it's at night or in the morning.

I always take 7am flights home. I leave Pattaya a day or two before the flight back. That's where a girl or two might be that will miss and remember. The last night in BKK is always a walk from the NEP, with stops at attractions such as Grace and BG7. Thermae 'til 2am or so, a few Mekong Cokes, the last shag, sleep for an hour, and get in a cab by 5am.

Let me tell you, the dawn in Bangkok is a dreary sight when you're in a cab going in the wrong direction on the expressway. The city is still asleep but you sense it's about to wake up--without you. Lack of sleep and lingering taste of Mekong induce a catatonic state. There is a sense of loss accented by the eerie images passing by.

It's not about sex. It's not about a particular girl. It's about leaving a world behind, a world that almost seems too good to be true.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow,good to read the posts so far,I thought I was the only one to feel low on the dreaded day of departure for Farangland.It`s funny isn`t it how on arrival Don Muang seems like the gateway to a wonderfull new life whereas on departure its the complete opposite.Same-sam the view out of the aircraft window , I always enjoy the patchwork of rice fields criss-crossed with roads and canals,then,as one gets lower,factories condos and houses become visible.Very different on the return flight,he view of Manchester is usually obscured by a thick layer of cloud-just as well really as it`s a complete s**t hole ( sorry Manchester Tourist Board ).Then theres the temperature difference,from 30 + down to 3 degrees adding in the wind chill makes it feel like - 10 .Welcome home !.

Hey Sensible,

How's The Damned going?

Don't sweat it, man. We all get into some states, and some are sorrier than others. I genuinely remember coming home from Bangkok in the condition you complain of. I put it down to too much beer and a tuk-tuk driver who wouldn't take no for an answer.

I bought a bottle of strong alcohol*, which seemed to help. The pain passed.

Buck up.

jack smile.gif

* Dettol, I think it was called. Or Lysterine Ointment.

Hi Fiery,how`s it going.I`m afraid I`ve rather lost track of my alter ego ,but I believe he still thinks of his appearance on TOTP complete with daft sunglasses as his finest hour.Indeed,now I think of it that song " Happy Talking " might be the perfect antedote to the LOS departure blues.

I've normally got a moist japs eye on arrival!!!!!!!!!

It was'nt to bad this time as I have my freebie in the bin for december.Another boardmember and a friend of mine who is still there,well I think their probably going to have to bale the plane out every hour when he gets on.

Archived