What Do Asians Think Of Westerners?

think_too_mut

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When my daughter saw Mickey Mouse for the first time, she exclaimed "A rat!"

Still, today, Japan is for Asia what UK was in the 60s and 70s for Europe. A lifestyle powerhouse. Korea coming close.

Not America. Westerners tainted by the Wall Street criminals are far behind, even shunned away.

Hi,

Interesting, as when my colleague spent a week working in Japan at client's office, his comments were something along the lines of:

"The Japanese spent a lot of time at work, but they do very little actual work in that time."

He mentioned seeing people asleep in the office, reading the newspaper for a good long time, etc. He figured that for all the hours they spent at work they don't actually do more work than your average Western office worker.

BTW, 'Japanese' is not 'Asians'.

Sanuk!

BTW, 'Japanese' is not 'Asians'.

Throw in China and India and you get half of the human kind. Japan and Korea are far smaller but still enjoying old prominence.

For reading newspapers out of lunch hours one can be fired or left out next payrise. Never use office or corp phone for private calls. Taking a private call (from, say, an insurance company for own car) outside of lunch break equals a loud fart into everyone's face. That would have to be an extreme situation as companies know they are allowed to call only lunch time or after 6pm.

No private emails from corp provided equipment.

People are not paid 12:00-13:00 and it's unpolite to even talk about work. That time they are free to snooze at their desks, quite common.

When I came to Japan, all Corporate was in the US. Since then, APJ has established offices in Bangalore (4,000 ppl) and Shanghai (another 3,000ppl) and my life became milk and honey. Engineering, world class skills and eagerness, ripping apart DLLs and sorce code within hours and providing results. From US, that would take months , if ever.

Last time I worked in Japan, 2004, I could see huge wastes!

Yes, working long hours but low productivity!! and this company had some severe quality issues.

I tried to help them improve their quality and productivity but I was a guijin and their Japanese methods were far superior :wink::surprised::shakehead

Last time I worked in Japan, 2004, I could see huge wastes!

Yes, working long hours but low productivity!! and this company had some severe quality issues.

I tried to help them improve their quality and productivity but I was a guijin and their Japanese methods were far superior

That's a demo in vivo of what I am saying.

Archived