Outlaws In Nana?

Wallenda

OK I realize this might be a dicey topic for some here, but let me ask anyway and we'll see what happens.

I came across some mention in another thread here about the "Outlaws MC" supposedly "taking over" in soi 4.

Now I know that there was a change in setup at Nana Plaza, so now I'm wondering are those 2 things connected?

What happened?

Who's in charge of Nana plaza now and how did that happen?

What role do these Outlaws play there?

for the record, I am not in Thailand, I live in another country, and I only visit Thailand once every few years and only for a few days each time. I'm a tourist, not an expat. No member of this site knows my real name or identity. And vice versa. I met ONE member of the previous incarnation of this forum way back in 2001, just once for less than an hour. I don't think that guy is a member any more.

So if it's not safe to post up here about this, I think it would be safe to PM me.

I'm only curious, that's all.

Be curious to see what kind of info is out there - certainly not much. I know a teensy bit (and I mean very fucking teensy). Don't think it's something that would merit retribution by the Outlaws, ahhh if only I was that important, but it is critical. Even the Drummond piece doesn't reveal much (and wasn't written by Drummond, fyi).

- If you know any of the managers/staff/girls who work the area - ask them. Nana is managed by the Outlaws, and the handful of folks who've spoken to me about this transition haven't been happy. Been told they're condescending, gruff, and there is more tension (eg, not allowing a lot of folks [Thai] into the plaza, who used to work it on other levels [food, flowers, wares, etc.]. But yeah, they're not well liked. That's the extent of my knowledge other than seeing them hovering around at times. A lot we don't know and never will.

They had their own club over by the new Strykers for awhile (Crossed Pistons) but it closed down. Also, while this is an international Biker organization, and you'll see several of these folks from all parts every now and then in Nana wearing their colors, my understanding is that the ones running the infrastructure they have in place and who made the investment into Nana are American.

Note: should add that as time has gone by they've become more and more low profile, opposed to say several months ago when you'd see these guys all the time. I go to the soi 4 area and do a little walk-about maybe 4 or 5 times a month.

Nonetheless - these guys are running the plaza (from what I understand).

Met some who were Aussies as well.Mainly US patch holders running the show so to speak.

They were too much in your face and I think the word came to calm it down.

Main chapter is from Fl. I believe.

I don't a have dog in this issue so I will not pursue it much as my work I come into contact with alot of different club members and try to remain out of club politics of who they like and don't like. I just want to do my job and go. Be welcomed at the next place.

All rents in QPP are going up B5K per month as of the end of this month. This is outwith the rental agreement of the bars. The reason given by the current leaseholders of QPP is that some people want to buy QPP and so in theory paying the owners more in rent will make them less likely to sell. The good biker folks from Crossed Pistons are known to want to buy QPP.

Dont know anything about the Outlaws. Got talking to a Vietnam vet (I believe he was the real deal - made zero claims re SAS etc..) back in 2010 and he introduced me to a guy somewhere in his mid-30s who claimed to be high up in the Rebels MC in Oz. If these guys were having a lend of me, so be it, but nothing over the course of the evening pointed to that - about the only alarming thing was when 'the Prez' told me he had flown to Thailand specifically to meet with Red Shirts hierarchy with a view to establishing the Rebels in Thailand. He also claimed that the Rebels were the largest outlaw MC in Australia - I didnt argue with either of them - and we went back to talking about muscle cars and bikes for most of the night.

I have no idea why they would want to meet with Thais who, IMO, are loose cannons at the best of times, but then i guess you dont request an audience with the PM when you are looking to expand your outlaw biker club. I've seen 'outlaw bikers' riding around in Thailand, but not patch-wearing Farang wandering around Nana - that seems to be a new and disturbing development. The main reason I was OK drinking with 'the Prez' (and I cant recall his exact title) was that he could have been pretty much anyone on Soi 4 that night - clean cut, intelligent and articulate (ok - maybe not *anyone*) - and I had a few good nights at the Rebels pub back in Rocky years before, one of the few venues in town where the locals behaved themselves. I'm not completely naive, but this guy seemed happy just talking over a few beers - no idea what he's like back in his own environment. The claims re the Rebels 'anti-drug' stance on the Wikipedia page seem a little naive to me, but I didnt ask him about any aspect of the club's operations, and more than I would ask a Thai cop how they survive on such a small monthly wage.

If the Outlaws MC gained a foothold on Soi 4, I can only assume that his efforts were either too late or too little (tea money, presumably). Given that the clubs here shoot one another in broad daylight over turf, it doesnt bode well for the future of nightlife precincts dominated by a '1%er' MC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outlaws_Motorcycle_Club

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebels_MC

In January 2011 the New Zealand Police announced that the Rebels were attempting to set up a New Zealand chapter, and that this was not welcome.[10] New Zealand has reportedly been deporting Australian Rebels members.[11] Despite this, many members wearing rebels patches have been spotted throughout the North Island of New Zealand and it is believed they now have a permanent presence in the country. [12]

File:Gypsy_Joker_Protest_Run_5.jpg

Archived