Acer Monitor Mounting?

Flashermac

My old Acer monitor quit on me, so I replaced it with a new 24" Acer. Works fine ... except the monitor just sits on the on the stand like a bird on a phone line. It is not secure at all, and I couldn't figure out how to change that. The one sheet "instructions" are almost useless.

Does anyone know if I might have missed something? Last thing I want is for it to fall of and have to be replaced again. All it would take is one bump from the maid. :p

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What does the stand look like?

My home pc, NEC (PC is inside the screen, to save space) stands like this:

(wife watching Thai soapies on it, I hardly ever touch it)

t2013monitor.jpg

Since earthquakes that overturn glasses happen here once a year, I asked how safe it is like this. The shop said the house would go down before the screen does.

My Acer is a cheaper model. It has a much smaller base than that. The base seems steady enough, but the monitor just sits on the base - no real connection - unless I missed something in the box. Don't think I did, but I'll check.

It's this one:

post-98-0-76591300-1377347859_thumb.jpg

http://www.amazon.co...m/dp/B003N7P6TC

Interesting comment in the reviews -

"Setting this monitor up was easy, just screw in the stand and you are ready to go. The monitor itself seems solid, and is heavy enough for its size to keep it firmly on the ground. The only problem I had with the build of this monitor was the stand. It seems a little cheap. I'm not worried about it falling over, but I feel as though for the money spent Acer could have gone with a nicer plastic."

The screen footprint is what Flasher is asking I think. Mac has even smaller than mine.

Choice of PC - I wanted great screen and this one was, HDTV ...and had the PC inbuilt with everything.

TTM

The iMac is also an all in one 1080P HDTV, I don't even use a keyboard or mouse most of the time, the iPad works just fine for basic interfacing, its only when I get down to serious work I use a wireless keyboard and mouse but they are bluetooth so no additional wires, what you see on the link I sent is the PC, nothing else to plug in.

As for the footprint of Flash's Monitor, I think he needs to employ a more careful maid.

This one is 1280 at least, crystal clear screen. Could be more, wife seized it and barked (no interruption of soapies that play at piss poor resolution anyway) when I wanted to check the exact screen parameters.

Wireless kbd and mouse too.

For iPod/iPad, too small for my eyesight (reading only) and too touchy for fat fingers.

Archived