Acer Monitor Mounting?

Flashermac

The iMac is 2560 x 1440 screen resolution, the 1080P referred to HDTV output most machines are 1080I or 780P , 1080P is the Canines Testicles of HDMI interface.

As I said, I am a Shorts, t-shirt and flip flop man who never wears jewellery but when it comes to my "Toys" I know my shit and like the best. Don't even get me started on my Guitar, Keyboard, Amp and Speaker collection.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the monitor has some rectangular holes in the back where the plate from the stand fits, sometimes they "click" in and sometimes they need considerable force to do so, I got one like that, the 4 lugs fit in small holes on the back of the monitor but they need to be slid 3mm to click home, quite forcibly...

May help....

No, just said what I (wrongly) remembered, perhaps from another discussion , another place.

Disclaimed it could be more and it was.

A half an hour later, checked on the NEC PC, it said 1920x1080.

And, what do you do with such a great resolution? Unless you have a pro camera with 22 Megapixels and do some pro graphics, nothing on the net would come at that clarity, bar paid sites, not even them.

If the monitor has some rectangular holes in the back where the plate from the stand fits, sometimes they "click" in and sometimes they need considerable force to do so, I got one like that, the 4 lugs fit in small holes on the back of the monitor but they need to be slid 3mm to click home, quite forcibly...

May help....

It is sort of like that. I was reluctant to use too much force, afraid of breaking something.

No, just said what I (wrongly) remembered, perhaps from another discussion , another place.

Disclaimed it could be more and it was.

A half an hour later, checked on the NEC PC, it said 1920x1080.

And, what do you do with such a great resolution? Unless you have a pro camera with 22 Megapixels and do some pro graphics, nothing on the net would come at that clarity, bar paid sites, not even them.

Hey no problem,

I mainly use the iMac as my recording studio and for visual displays when playing live.

Yes, I do use a lot of samples, can use it as an extension to my effects pedals and if your are putting on a great graphic / light show people don't notice how crap you are at playing.

I am not going to get into a MAC v PC argument that was dead over 15 years ago, but for me I am MAC all the way, as I have mentioned I grew up with UNIX and have been using it all my life. Probably a PC is better at some things but for my own needs MAC suits them better.

Also the 2560 x 1440 makes it easier for me to develop HMI graphics for my controls systems, I know boring work shit, and also makes 3D modelling easier to utilise, more boring work shit.

TTM

Not a bad choice for a PC but I don't do PC's I was teethed on C++ and UNIX so for me it is OSX always , I do believe that Tim Burners Lee first developed HTTP on an original iMac.

27" 3.2 is my home machine

http://store.apple.c...cid=AOS-TH-KWG

How do you figure that a programing language like C++ is restricted to a certain OS. Furthermore HTTP (HTTP V0.9) was first announced in1991 and the iMac was first announced in 1998 so how could it have been developed on an iMac. I'm pefectly aware of that DOS/WindowsXXX are inferior to UNIX and clones like OSX. After all I have worked with UNIX since since BSD 1.0, and others including Linux, since the mid eighties. The fact (tragic) remains that Windoze is the most spread OS in the world and that most user are just that. They don't have a clue what they are using.

regards

ALHOLK

Alholk

My mistake sir, TBL developed HTTP on an Apple LISA.

I never stated that C++ was restricted to UNIX / OSX, I have written quite a bit of C++ for DOS / Windows systems over the years, but in my own personal experience, again this is a personal opinion, C++ and UNIX are easier to code than C++ with DOS. Again maybe my personal bias because similar to yourself I have been UNIX since 1980, so maybe i find it easier.

Archived