CS Internet Speed Tricks? *DELETED*

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't feel badly db.

I used Loxinfo for years and recently switched to Samart (mainly because of the much lower cost with Samart).

I have never been able to get higher than 32. That is what I am getting right now.

I have been told it has to do with the crummy phone lines, but I am not what you would called a technologically advanced person. But, it does seem to be true as I get low speeds no matter what service I use.

I just don't know what I can do about the phone lines as I live in a hotel/serviced apt.

Ah yes, it does make me a bit nostalgic thinking about my first 300 baud modem used with the old c64.

Best regards,

Danish30

Opps, edit because I didn't read all your post that you already tried the different dial in numbers... tongue.gif

If you can get 50,000bps on another ISP at least the problem is not with your local telco's exchange. In addition to trying different access numbers some time it help to establish if there is particular times when a modem pool is good or bad. With our ISP we dial to the residential areas during the day and to the CBD at night.

Archived