Advice needed on GG bar conduct

Coloseum

TopCat wrote:

A couple rules to remember:

1) NEVER NEVER NEVER point out that they go with a lot of guys so why can't you go with a lot of girls. That logic defies them and their answer will overload your own logic circuits.

2) Remember you can never win an argument with a BG. There is hope, however. I once knew a guy who said he knew a guy who argued a BG to a draw. Not sure I believe this but I hope it is true.

3) Never bar fine a girl who works at a bar beer on the way to and from where you sleep. This is suicidal.

4) If you have a girl in your room never answer the phone or the door after midnight.

4) No matter how much you love her never let her know. There is something in the male metabolism that causes the utterance of the phrase "I love you" to extinguish the feeling. The BG, on the other hand, will let the passing comment grow, like a cancer, into the center of her being and never never let you forget your fateful utterance.

Next time you feel like saying "l love you" just imagine yourself imbedding a #1 fishook firmly in your own jawbone, tying the line to a door knob and slamming the door shut to set the hook. Believe me, saying "I love you" is eventually gonna hurt a whole lot more.

5) Finally, it is important to remember that every bar girl working in Thailand is, at least, twice as smart as all the rest of us combined. The ones who seem dumb just aren't interested in us and haven't bothered to turn on their CSUs (Central Smiling Units).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Bravo, bravo, bravo!! TopCat, you have unerringly laid your finger upon the pulse of the BKK BG. Every sanuker deserves to have these commandments emblazoned on the back of their wrists so that they can catch sight of them as they hoist a Singha. My apologies to other board members if I have quoted an unseemly large portion of TopCat's original post, but his words rang so true in these jaded ears that I felt impelled to broadcast them again.

I too share Coloseum's condition in that I'm a soft touch. If I like a BG, I try to spend a few days with her before they inevitably start sinking their hooks in. It's one reason why I prefer BKK over Pattaya, as the most rancorous of leavetakings for me took place in the latter. In BKK, one can mercifully disappear into the madding crowd. Instead, when I'm stuck trying to unload a girl, I feel like a disgraceful cad (well, I am a monger), and I often try to soothe the pain of parting forever more with a bit more baht for the girl. Yes, I told you I was a soft touch.

Funny thing is, that I'm just bright enough never to have broken TopCat's fourth (well fifth really) directive: I have never told a BG that I loved her. On at least two separate occasions, I have had BGs trumpet their love for me. I never seriously believed either of them, but it did add a more painful dimension to the leavetaking. What is a soft touch to do?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived