How Would You Like To See Thailand Resolve It's Differences ?

gobbledonk

Personally, Shinawatra or no Shinawatra clan, I get the feeling that the rural poor now feel they need to take action every time the elites look like imposing the old order, and the elites will never be happy with PT or similar party in power, regardless of how many votes they get. That's a simplistic view from outside the country, but I cant see how this can all be resolved to the point where Thai people are happy to go about their business. We only see the protests on telly, so I have no idea what the 'average' Thai thinks of the whole situation. Would there still be a viable red shirt movement if they didnt have Takky's financial muscle behind them ?

Fire away ;)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The evil rural elite farmers are starting to join in the PDRC protests, simply because the government still won't pay them for their crops. What does that tell you about Takky's financial muscle and his support? ;)

I saw three students wearing protest shirts today. Nothing offensive, no anti-Yingluck or pro-Suthep drawings, just subtle shirts. One girl had a white blouse with the national colours on the sleeves and collar, sort of a quiet statement. The others wore olive green t-shirts with the Thai number 9 on the front and (in Thai) "We fight for our country" on the back. They are for sale at the protest sites. If the students are involved enough to openly wear them to class, it tells you how deep the feeling goes.

Archived