Ais Whilst Roaming

Mekong

AIS whilst overseas, jeez what a fucking joke.

A Couple of months ago I paid online 5,000 THB to cover any calls I may have to Make / Receive on my Thai Phone, yes agents still call me on the only number they know.

First Fuck up was AIS, instead of increasing limit to 5K only 2.5K, Big Mistake, they had my Credit Card on record no big deal, but like Vietnamese "Thais Know Better" and decided to give me 2.5K.

Billing is easy, send me a monthly bill via email and SMS notification I go online and pay, well it may seem easy in practice but in theory far from the truth. In order to log onto AIS website they issue you an OTP (One Time Password) which comes via SMS. Today I was adjudged as over 2.5K and they cut me off completely NO ROAMING, how can I get an OTP without network connection to receive SMS.

Check the website, Call 1175, again not much use if not have a valid operational Thai Number. No warning , no 24 hours "You Are Over Limit" bang just cut off and isolated, what the hell is one supposed to do? No Number for overseas calling to call centre just BOOM you are cut off without warning and no way to reinstate connection.

Fortunately the wife is in Vietnam at the moment and could call 1175 and after a couple of hours back online again, but honestly it is a really stupid system. I have sent them an email in English and Thai pointing out the deficiencies of the system but I won't hold my breath for a reply.

no dont hold your breath and dont even for a moment consider to switch to true move (H)!!!

however what I found over the years is that prepaid is the way to go even for 5k+ monthly callers as its dead easy & instant to topup online via e.g. webbanking as per needs :)

good luck ... i learned the hard way too :p

p.d. dont them agents never learn about 2014 communications...email, social networking, sms 5555

WF

Many agents have my contact details from years gone by, I have had This Thai number since 1988, the cost doesn't bother me its just the damn inconvenience of how AIS cut you off without warning and giving no option to pay online, hey I am a Serenade Customer, which allows one to sit on a comfy chair drink a tepid coffee and suck on a boiled sweet if ever misfortune to go to one of the offices.

From the AIS website, and on the back of my Serenade card, also since 98 (Don't think you really meant 88! :biggrin: ) 02 271 9000. It does work, I've had to call a couple of times over the years but be prepared for the usual pfaff around.

i reckon the main benefit of serenade card which they seem to handout as lollipops might be the VIP parking spots at the malls et all which can save hours potentially og gawking clumsy peculiar (the od sexy bird) female bmw drivers who cant and will never learn parking :)

Archived