Almost All Labourers Deep In Debt

Flashermac

Back to topic re: Labourers in debt.

While it may be true that *some* are deep in debt, sometime one wonders why...

I get charged exorbitant amounts to get a wall plastered/ painted /roof tiles replaced; they charge by the square meter and will not deduct any window spaces from said amount. Roof tile replacement (pressed cement sheet) was 70 baht per piece, labour only on a single storey bungalow. For 300ish pieces I got charged 22,000 baht that four workers finished in less than a day.

That is a lot more per person than the *adjusted* daily wage. Probably explains why they were driving around in a pickup with red plates on it.

The other thing is, after they have money in their hands, they tend to hit the local karaoke joints and blow most of it in one night.

They don't pay tax, either.

(Rumblings of dissent from a disgruntled taxpayer who is still waiting for his tax refund - or have they already run out of money to pay me)?

Sigh.

Rant over.

For some reason, the Thais seem to have money :dunno:

You see Thais taking a taxi rather then the bus or motorsai...

We I am located, the restaurants are full all the time...many cars in line at Mickey D's... the cinema is full on the weekends, etc

Yet you chat with a Thai and it is the same story...hab no money...WTF...what I see if a far different story...

"You see Thais taking a taxi rather then the bus or motorsai..."

Where have the buses disappeared to? Three bus lines pass the stop near me and on occasion I would take one to the market or not distant Ngamwongwan. They used to pass by about every 15 minutes or so. Nowadays, buses seem to be an endangered species. I see Thais taking taxis because they have little choice. As to the mo'cy boys, they cost more than a bus, plus on longer runs can be as expensive as a taxi (not to mention risking life and limb). :p

Some of the agricultural workers certainly work hard for their money - sugar cane cutters for example - hot,hard and sometimes dangerous work,swinging a sharp machete all day.For a pack of 10 canes ( outer leaves stripped off and tied into a bundle ) they are paid the princely sum of .....2 baht per pack ! These guys must have the strength and endurance of olympic athletes to make a living wage :surprised: